Regional Operations Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale - energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
As a Driver Operations Manager focused on Strategic Projects, you will work on the most challenging problems impacting our Middle East business - a fast growing, dynamic and fast-paced market.
The Middle East Regional Operations team is looking for someone who can create processes to analyze and address opportunities for growth in the region. As a fast-paced market, we're looking to understand the environment and to build a strategy that will enable Uber to be the preferred app for drivers and riders. This role will support regional leadership in data collection and analysis, strategic advising, and project execution at the local level to grow Uber as quickly as possible.
What you'll do
- Build and lead the Middle East's business strategy efforts
- Help shape and execute on the needed strategy across the Middle East
- Lead detailed analysis into the opportunities available for us to accelerate growth
- Create and automate processes that allow us to scale rapidly across our portfolio
What you'll need to know / have:
- Professional experience (2-3 years) of operations management / management consulting / investment banking / strategy work in a large business, or of growing a startup
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Hustler - You have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking
- Passion for creative solutions to complex problems. You enjoy dealing with the unknown and finding opportunity from it.
- Degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- Proficiency with SQL, Python, R or other statistical languages
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top