Regional Onsite Community Operations Manager - English, Cairo
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it. For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners - our community - is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We're looking for a Regional Onsite Community Operations Manager to develop and lead support efforts in cooperation with our Cairo partner. Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe. This will be a role with a heavy focus on data analytics and process continuous improvement, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
To provide the best support experience to our communities, Uber relies on a network of internal and external providers.
What you'll do
- Work closely with our partner to implement new processes, new products, new policies within their teams, identify priorities and roadblocks, match them with excellent data analysis, create a realistic action plan and monitor the results on the customer experience
- Be the on-the-ground point of contact to coordinate the actions and decisions made in conjunction with the regional CommOps managers (in charge of customer support in each market in Europe) about team trainings, upskilling, etc.
- Stay close to the operations to understand what's going on and how we can improve our processes
- Provide our partner with all the tools, content, and training materials they need with the support of the Agent Success central team based in Amsterdam
- Transform our current support system into something that drives immense value for the company
- Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven process improvements
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and answer any questions that come your way in a fast moving environment
- Listen attentively to the voice of Uber's community and provide feedback to the rest of the company
- You will be based in Cairo but will be travelling on a regular basis in the markets in Europe.
What you'll need
- At least 4 years of work experience in consulting, service -industry, manufacturing or distribution in a high -volume and extremely fast -paced environment - preferred but not required. Experience in leadership of project teams and management of less senior team members. High-growth operations experience is a plus.
- A master's degree in science/engineering, business, economics, finance or any science-related fields or equivalent internal Uber experience.
- People management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively guide teams through challenging managerial situations (non direct reporting line…) and engage multiple stakeholders.
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management.
- A love of process and optimization. You will be revolutionizing support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- A data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. Excellent Excel skills.
- Structure and clear communication skills - we need you to be able to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Calm under pressure. You have exceptional organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Natural curiosity. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Word-savvy. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to riders or drivers, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
- A passion for details.
- Experience in a service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment.
- Consulting background preferred but not required.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
Back to top