Regional Master Trainer
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
Uber is looking for a Master Trainer to work alongside our Community Operations Learning team and be responsible for the implementation of on-the-ground training and quality programs with our partners. This multifaceted role requires quick thinking, proficiency in classroom training, and an understanding of how to analyze the quality and effectiveness of the learning experience. The master trainer should have the ability to facilitate feedback sessions, compile and communicate opportunities and changes to key learning partners, as well as plan and implement large scale training programs through strategic and well-documented project plans. This role requires you to be an owner of your work and work remotely and travel 80-90% of the time.
Our Community Support Teams are built upon the foundation that is laid during the learning and onboarding time, as a master trainer, you would be ensuring that these teams of strong performers are able to continuously provide extraordinary support to everyone involved in the Uber experience through a special onboarding experience. This role is about building a solid foundation for our onboarding programs and checking in on the quality of these (in-person) to ensure that we are constantly moving towards our goals.
- A trainer. Standing up in front of a group and explaining the inner workings of the Uber support feels natural.
- A self starter. You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new process at Uber.
- Organized. Leading the learning experience across multiple BPO partners, each supporting multiple lines-of-business, and for multiple support regions is a difficult task.
- Analytical. You can make sense of data sets to find root causes and identify people who may need retraining or remediation.
- Have an understanding of the foundations of what good learning looks like and are able to find opportunities in classroom settings and report these back in a systematic way to your content partners.
- Quality driven. You understand what it takes to ensure that our onboarding programs are constantly fresh & impactful
- A leader. You can facilitate a training, a feedback session, or a focus group, without feeling out of place.
- A great teammate. You aren't scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your training.
- Poised. Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Process driven. You have organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more efficient.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
What you'll do:
- You'll be tasked with implementing all onboarding programs (within your region) and working with SMEs and content developers to learn and deploy these quickly. You're prepared to:
- Work cross functionally with SMEs & content to improve CSR learning experience and knowledge of our internal and external tools and products
- Build an efficient and scalable learning program that facilitates the evolution of our support system and customers (both internal and external)
- Be a passionate advocate for your global Community Operations org by leading the onboarding programs and success of the implementation of these
- Be available to travel up to 90% of your time (both within region and internationally)
What you'll need:
- You have a Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of relevant experience (training or quality)
- Literate in SQL and Excel or another data management tool preferred, but not required
- Solid writing skills
- Previous experience with customer support or experience with support ticketing platforms is a nice bonus, but not required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically inspires people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top