Regional Marketing Research Lead
The Market Research and Consumer Research team provides data-driven answers to key business questions by working with departments across Uber. Composed of researchers, data scientists, and engineers, the team makes an impact across Uber by ensuring each company action is rooted in an insight. As a part of the team in this role, you will be responsible for uncovering rich, deep insights that inform the marketing and creative process by leveraging brand, position, message and segmentation research tools.
Do you have experience using research to shape marketing strategy? Do you like working in a fast paced environment where talent and hard work rise to the top? The Market Research and Consumer Research team might be the right fit for you.
As a Regional Marketing Research Lead on the Market Research and Consumer Research team, it is your responsibility to provide insights that shape the roadmap and direction for Uber’s business and marketing. To do so, you’ll work closely with marketing teams across the region to answer key business a questions by leading, planning, and executing quantitative insights research. We have a data-driven culture here, and you’ll play an important part of ensuring it’s maintained throughout Uber’s initiatives.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Research: Lead end-to-end qualitative, quantitative, and data analytics research projects for the U.S. West Regional Marketing Team.
- Sharing Customer Insights: Synthesize and communicate findings from both your own research and that of U.S. and HQ teams to drive action.
- Planning: Build a cohesive research plan in coordination with the U.S. Customer Insights team to uncover the most important insights.
- Adapt and Innovate: Create research methods to meet business needs on tight timelines in a rapidly growing and changing business environment.
- Institutionalize learnings and build robust processes: You’ll playbook and document everything you do, and where your tests drive conclusive learnings you’ll ensure that these learnings are shared and implemented across the global Uber organization. You’ll work to automate and scale best practices wherever possible.
If you’re a quantitative research insights expert with the analytical ability to identify key trends and ladder them up to marketing strategies and broad creative themes, then we we’re looking for you.
- Bachelor degree in survey methodology, market research, statistics, economics or a related field.
- At least 7 years of work experience in market research, marketing, consulting or communications.
- Experience using statistical software — preferably R or SPSS.
- Proficient in powerpoint and excel.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and meet tight deadlines.
- Is detail-oriented and can work on multiple projects at a time with limited supervision
- Graduate degree in survey methodology, market research, statistics, economics or a related field.
- Experience using SQL.
- Experience working at or with brand and marketing research companies.
- Experience working at or with marketing creative agencies.
- Read and write fluent Spanish.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing technology, transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top