Regional Marketing Research Lead
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Market Research and Consumer Research team provides data-driven answers to key business questions by working with departments across Uber. Composed of researchers, data scientists, and engineers working together, the team makes an impact across Uber by ensuring each company action is rooted in deeper understanding. As a part of the team in this role, you will be responsible for uncovering rich, deep insights that inform the marketing and creative process by leveraging brand, position, message and segmentation research tools.
Do you have experience using research to shape marketing strategy? Do you like working in a productive environment where ability and hard work rise to the top? The Market Research and Consumer Research team might be the right fit for you.
As a Regional Marketing Research Lead on the Market Research and Consumer Research team, it is your responsibility to provide insights that shape the roadmap and direction for Uber’s business and marketing. To do so, you’ll collaborate closely with marketing teams across the region to answer key business a questions by leading, planning, and executing quantitative insights research. We have a data-driven culture here, and you’ll play an important part of ensuring it’s maintained throughout Uber’s initiatives. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you’ll do
- Research: Lead end-to-end qualitative, quantitative, and data analytics research projects for the U.S. West Regional Marketing Team.
- Share Customer Insights: Synthesize and communicate findings from both your own research and that of U.S. and HQ teams to drive action.
- Planning: Create a cohesive research plan in coordination with the U.S. Customer Insights team to uncover the most important insights.
- Adapt and Innovate: Create research methods to meet business needs on tight timelines in a rapidly growing and changing business environment.
- Institutionalize Learnings and Build Robust Processes: You’ll document everything you do, and where your tests result in conclusive learnings you’ll ensure that these learnings are shared and implemented across the global Uber organization. You’ll work to automate and scale best practices wherever possible.
If you’re a quantitative research insights expert with the analytical ability to identify key trends and ladder them up to marketing strategies and broad creative themes, then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor degree in survey methodology, market research, statistics, economics or a related field.
- At least 7 years of work experience in market research, marketing, consulting or communications.
- Experience using statistical software — preferably R or SPSS.
- Understanding of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent critical thinking, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a productive environment, and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at a time with limited supervision
- Graduate degree in survey methodology, market research, statistics, economics or a related field.
- Experience using SQL.
- Experience working at or with brand and marketing research companies.
- Experience working at or with marketing creative agencies.
- Read and write fluent Spanish.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top