Regional Marketing Analyst (L.A)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward
Uber is changing the way the world moves. However, we're not just about moving people- we're about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need.
We're looking for a Marketing Analyst on our Regional Marketing Analytics team to provide data expertise as we improve the growth, retention, engagement, and brand affinity of the riders and drivers on the Uber platform. In the role you'll be part of and work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of strategy, design, development, and program managers.
You posses a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, analytical insights and technology used by marketing to achieve our bold goals. This person will help address the complex challenges of experiment design, marketing effectiveness, contact strategy, return on investment, driver and rider behavior and channel effectiveness.
As an early member of engagement marketing analytics, you will not only be able to develop the new team, but also help define the way marketing performance is calibrated and what questions should be asked. You'll play a big part in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale as we develop onboarding, engagement and retention strategies. You will also learn and apply advanced analytics skills like experimental design, machine learning, statistical modeling, and more.
This role is available in multiple locations including NYC, D.C, Austin, Chicago, L.A, Seattle, Boston and San Francisco.
What you'll do
- Take a data driven approach to plan, analyze and optimize rider and driver activation, engagement and reactivation campaigns
- Develop analytical frameworks and metrics to measure ongoing business performance, understand key drivers, and improve campaign effectiveness
- Create campaign performance dashboards to report key metrics with the ability to drill down by city and segment level performance
- Identify actionable insights and recommendations to support strategic decision making
- Provide technical expertise in data mining, measuring business performance and running research using advanced mathematical, statistical and experimental approaches
- Use tools such as Excel and Tableau to work efficiently at scale
What you'll need
- A BS/MS in engineering, finance, computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of analytical and database experience. Marketing analytics or consulting experience is a plus.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Excellent data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in Tableau or a similar visualization tool a plus.
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Resourcefulness. Moving quickly and producing results to allow for continual iteration is a core qualification of our team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top