Regional Manager (Marketplace Efficiency and Strategy) - UberEATS Asia Pacific
Uber OverviewAbout Uber
With UberEATS, we're building Uber's newest and fastest growing business, spanning 180+ cities across all six continents in two years. Today, UberEATS is available across many parts of Asia including Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, and Melbourne - and we're just getting started
About the Role
We are looking for a Regional Operations Manager on Eater Growth, to pursue scaling the UberEATS business across multi-faceted and dynamic markets through Asia-Pacific and India.
This person should think constantly about a single thing; scale. Ultimately they will be responsible for helping drive a unified strategy on Eater acquisition across both Marketing and Operational arms of the Uber business; and should be methodical and well-adapted in their approach. This challenge will be made all the more difficult by demographical, cultural and economic differences between the various markets in APAC/India.
The role involves working closely with City Ops, Product, Legal, HQ/Regional CRM, and Community Operations teams to improve and roll out regional initiatives.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Analytics/ Data Modelling - Use statistical/ data science models and experiments to calculate the ROI and optimise spends on Eater Incentives. This is a quant heavy role, where you would be crunching numbers and use your analytical prowess to impact business outcomes across the region
- Complex optimization - You will work on projects that improve marketplace efficiency by adjusting various system levers taking into account various trade offs across marketplace parameters and optimise them over multiple objectives
- Stakeholders management and Collaboration - You'll work with diverse Uber teams across APAC, and all over the world. You will need to set the direction and align multi-functional teams to grow the business
- Project management and execution - You will need to plan and project manage multiple city projects and have the ability to execute in a constantly changing, complex environment
- Product - You will become the Regional POC for relevant HQ product teams to proactively search for new features which could improve KPIs across the region by presenting data driven cases for changes
What You'll Need
- Data driven decision making mentality
- Sound business judgment backed by strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to juggle many responsibilities at once, adept at weighing importance of quick wins vs. long-term progress
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into actionable plans
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- SQL knowledge is required
- Willingness to travel across APAC when required
- Very strong communication and organization skills
- Fluent in English
About the Team
UberEATS globally is pioneering how to deliver the best of your city right when you want it. Our team has taken the idea of food delivery and developed a start-up using data and institutional knowledge to create a world class service.
Our Regional Operations team works with our in-country teams to optimize current processes, focus on business growth and ensure our customers have a seamless experience. Internally, our team collaborates closely with others across the region as well as the globe, to ensure we are building a product that is consistently efficient and enjoyable.
Back to top