Regional Greenlight Manager
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role:
Uber Greenlight Locations help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and serve as a logistics hub for the city.
Uber's Greenlight team is part of the Community Operations India team. We implement strategy, planning, innovation, and business development for our network of Uber Greenlight Locations, which are one of the company's key growth channels for getting drivers on the road and keeping them engaged with Uber. It's an extremely rewarding and challenging team to work on because Uber Greenlight Locations are the face of Uber for driver-partners, and our operations are essential for Uber's growth around the globe.
The GL Regional Manager - India oversees and maximizes the performance of all GLs in the country. To accomplish this, you'll implement standard operating procedures for onboarding and engagement, and you'll lead the team to innovate tomorrow's new best practices. You'll assist with the finances and people operations of the GLs in India. You will maximize the return on investment for GLs at a regional level.
You'll also keep in close touch with a wide array of stakeholders within your region and at HQ to communicate business objectives and align priorities, making sure everyone is moving fast in the right direction.
Your leadership will instill inspiration and confidence throughout the GLs in your territory, bringing groups throughout the region together as a single team focused on building competitive advantage by growing and strengthening our driver network.
- Owning the success metrics for supply growth and operational SLAs, business targets, and financial performance of GLs throughout the region
- Optimize GLs in your region based on needs for supply growth and engagement of our driver-partners
- Hiring and training GL Managers & GL Co-ordinators for GLs in India
- Collecting and reporting on regional performance data, with a particular emphasis on trend identification and actionable insights
- Working with City Teams, Regional Teams, Facilities, and other stakeholders to manage space planning, budget and headcount
- Maintain consistency of operational efficiency and Partner experience at every GL in your region
- Minimum 8+ years of operations management, retail management, management consulting, or support management experience
- Minimum 4+ years of operational people management, preferably in a start up capacity
- MBA degree preferred
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Customer Service - You are obsessed with providing the highest quality of service and driving-up NPS
- Determined - You have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking
- A leader - You lead by example and have experience empowering a team to execute under pressure and tight deadlines
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get it done attitude
- High Emotional IQ – You expertly manage relationships with partners, influencers, seniors and co-workers
- Flexible and forward thinking - We need someone sharp and eager to play with different models to help us scale
- Self motivated - You are self driven and are eager to make an impact in the way we serve our drivers/partners
- Stakeholder management - You are able to work closely with senior leadership from other functions comfortably
- Employees are given Free and Discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top