Regional Finance Associate (Strategic Finance), UberEVERYTHING - APACx
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
As our company continues to expand aggressively, the Strategic Finance team is doing the same. We are building a finance team of leaders and athletes to tackle the challenges of efficiently scaling our dynamic, global business. We want you to bring considerable skill and experience to this role, but also humility and a team-player attitude, recognizing there’s always more to learn and it’s more fun doing it as part of a team.
In the Regional Financial Associate role you will report to the Global Head of Finance for UberEverything and be in a unique position with visibility into the entire region, and this will allow you to reach insights others might not be able to make. In addition to driving and supporting our financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts, you’ll have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives, running with them and helping drive strategic decisions. You will be covering our new UberEATS business within the APAC region and help support our business in Singapore, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Australia.
So if you’re ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you’ve got the finance skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality – read on and get in touch!
What you’ll do:
- Business partnering – work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
- City P&L planning – you will be the primary point of contact for all things finance for all cities in our region (including forecasting, goal setting and modeling support)
- Sophisticated financial modeling – build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components that consolidate – you can do it all
- Analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan – use insights to iterate on forecasts and create action
- Think strategically and then execute – the models we build aid in decision making and strategy – we operationalize our insights
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise. Part of this is maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Special projects and deal support – new initiatives always come up, as strengths emerge you will have the chance to contribute beyond traditional FP&A
- Innovate – we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skillsets
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- 2~5 years in Banking and/or Corporate finance / operational FP&A at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- Elite Excel skills – no other way to say it, you’re a badass. Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive – you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Hustle – hustle and passion are the lifeblood of Uber. We move fast and deliver results because of our hustle and passion
- Excellent communication and people skills – numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- Team player – this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter – we don’t have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Systems – working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Attention to detail – balanced with swift execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours
- Nice to have – MBA from top-tier program, CFA or CPA
- Nice to have – SQL skills – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top