Regional Finance Analyst, EMEA
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As a Regional Finance Analyst in EMEA, you will be part of the Strategic Finance team tasked with providing comprehensive financial insight into our business, while pushing to improve efficiency and growth. You will help drive financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis, partnering with Operations and Marketing to improve our business.
If you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Financial planning and analysis: work closely with the finance organization and with business leaders in EMEA to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to help with decision making
- Business partnering: you will be the primary point of contact for all things finance for country teams in EMEA (including forecasting, goal setting and business case support)
- Sophisticated financial modeling: build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Process improvement: help improve our planning processes and ensure finance best practices spread through the organization
- Special projects: new initiatives always come up, you will have the chance to contribute beyond traditional FP&A on a variety of projects
- Innovation: we will push the boundaries of this role. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new (technical) skills
What You'll Need
- BS/BA or MS/MA in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics, or similar with excellent academic record
- At least 2 years in (Investment) Banking / Consulting / Accounting / Corporate Finance or operational FP&A
- Elite Excel skills: you're an expert with Excel. Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive. You can handle extreme complexity but strive for beautiful simplicity.
- Attention to detail, balanced with swift execution: we need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours
- Excellent communication and people skills: you have to build relationships with many stakeholders, both inside and outside of the Finance organization
- Team player: this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment, and your team will be dispersed across EMEA
Bonus Points If
- Financial systems: a working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems will give you a headstart
- SQL skills: the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Presentation skills: knowing how to structure effective presentations will increase your impact
About the Team
As our company continues to expand, the Strategic Finance team is doing the same. We are building a team of leaders and athletes to tackle the challenges of efficiently scaling our global business. We want you to bring considerable skills and experience to this role, but also humility and a team-player attitude, recognizing there's always more to learn and it's more fun doing it as part of a team.
Back to top