Regional Facilities Manager, West Coast
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber's Regional Facilities Manager will lead all aspects of day to day operations in multiple offices throughout the West Coast region and will be based out of our Santa Monica office. This position is highly visible and requires working with all levels of the organization. You will need to understand the company's business goals, growth plans and future direction and drive implementation accordingly. You will be expected think strategically by driving out costs and reducing cycle times while providing excellent customer service to all business units.
What you'll do
We are looking for someone who is smart, driven and energetic with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Partner with the business leadership to enable short and long term planning
- Develop, analyze, model and present alternative solutions to space needs
- Implement and maintain corporate tools, processes and procedures for accurate occupancy and cost tracking
- Develop and take ownership for the Facilities expense budget for your region
- Assure programs are being implemented effectively and efficiently including; repair and maintenance schedules and quality of life programs.
- Communicate with Office Managers in all offices of the region to provide excellent day-to-day operations.
- Align Operations services with global standards and customize as needed.
- Keep fully up to date with all future and modern specialist building service activities, best in class provision, process and products that will provide continuous improvement to the working environment.
- Overall understanding of planning, real estate, project management and facilities operations.
- Ensure cultural values are exemplified in the workplace through innovative and creative design.
- Lead all regional Facilities vendor contracts, RFPs and selections.
- Work alongside the Global Safety/Security Manager to ensure that all facilities are maintained in a safe and secure manner.
- Run the database for all seating charts and building plans for your region.
- General administrative activities, personnel management, Workspace Management across multiple locations.
- Conflict resolution and managing expectations/employee perceptions.
- Timelines and commitment with emphasis on reliability, quality and service.
- 100% uptime target on maintenance of critical equipment's of UPS, AC & Power supply.
What you'll need
- BA/BS in related field required
- 10-15 years experience in managing facilities operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and Customer Service skills
- Attention to detail, a commitment to excel and a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and financial skills required to synthesize complex and diverse data, detail oriented with a strong risk-management and impact analysis skill.
- Computer savvy, highly proficient in creating presentations, schedules, budgets and financial models.
- Confident of presenting ideas to large and small audiences and working closely with all levels o the company.
- Flexible, positive and focused on employee welfare.
- Ability to travel to frequently.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top