Regional Driver Growth Manager (SSA) - Johannesburg
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers, and we're building a best in class experience for them across Sub Saharan Africa. Our Partner Growth team help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver-partner community.
The SSA team is looking for someone who will grow our driver base by finding new customer segments and amplifying our opportunity and brand in new ways. We are looking for someone who will optimise the process by which leads become active drivers and help improve their experience while they are using on the platform.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Find new potential drivers throughout the SSA region and converting drivers from sign-up to first trip. Your job is to get new partners on the road by implementing best practices and innovating to create new processes and campaigns across SSA. In addition to first trip, you should also consider city teams' time spent on conversion as part of your business goals.
- Help inform the development of new products and changes to the driver application process by presenting data-driven and case-driven cases for changes
- Heavy analysis of our driver acquisition channels and funnel - specifically budgeting for investment in different sales channels and funnel operations such as virtual onboarding - you need to drive cost-effective growth of new supply on our platform
- Decide which projects and areas of driver growth and the onboarding process the team should prioritize
- Lead the execution process top-down from a regional perspective and be responsible for the rollout and testing schedule of any related new product features and regional initiatives.
- Collaborate across functions with the legal, policy, marketing, and engineering teams to best expand our business, implement products, and communicate with our customers.
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber's driver growth in SSA and do what it takes to get the job done
- Consistent track record of tracking business metrics, using business metrics to drive business decisions, and using initiatives to drive business metrics
- Experience in top line business strategy or customer growth
- Experience in driver results across the critical aspects of a business, from user experience design field to financial planning or organisational development
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Attention to detail. Being obsessed about customer experience and clearly documenting all steps to improve partners' onboarding experience
- Excellent prioritisation skills and ability to juggle many responsibilities at once, adept at weighing importance of quick wins vs. long-term progress
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to execute working with our driver-partners and identifying their pain points - you will be required to be very hands on in this role
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Previous leadership experience a plus
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Employees are given Uber trips every month.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top