Regional Contingent Workforce Manager - EMEA
Uber launches new cities and new products every week, and none of that would be possible without our people that make it all happen. The People Team is the team in charge of the people who make Uber great, and we are looking for a EMEA Regional Contingent Workforce Program Manager to help further develop and run our EMEA contingent workforce program.
In this role, you will partner closely with business teams, finance, legal, technology services, a strategic MSP (Managed Service Provider) and VMS (Vendor Management System). Candidates that excite us have a background in building and scaling people-centric programs, prior experience leading global contingent workforce initiatives, and success in partnering with external MSP/VMS solutions. They thrive in dynamic environments, are not afraid to look for unconventional, creative solutions to tough problems, obsess about using data to drive decisions, and move quickly as a builder and do'er in a startup culture.
What you'll do
- Implement standard contingent worker policies and procedures globally and localize where necessary (i.e. on-boarding, off-boarding, and compliance workflow/requirements)
- Coordinate and partner with global Uber teams to drive efficiencies across all regions.
- Analyze and present data-driven program results, trends, issues, and improvement recommendations to primary stakeholders on a quarterly basis
- Act as the EMEA point of contact for all regional hiring managers and internal stakeholders on program processes and policies by leading program education efforts, and communicating program updates
- Lead supplier and vendor business reviews on a quarterly basis
- Develop and document process steps to standardize a growing contingent workforce globally; locate and create process improvements that can scale with future growth
- Communicate with a wide range of managers and stakeholders across the world
- Troubleshoot, handle and solve escalated issues from workers, suppliers and managers
- Prioritize and manage project workload for contingent labor team with guidance from PD
What you'll need
- BA/BS, preferably in Business / Human Resources
- 4+ years of contingent workforce experience (including experience building and scaling global programs and working with a managed service provider and vendor management system).
- High-growth or tech environments highly desired
- In-depth understanding of EMEA regional employment regulations.
- Project management and process improvement background with exceptional analytical, organizational and problem solving skills. Excels at using data to drive recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication, cross-group collaboration, and relationship management skills
- Able to devise creative solutions to tough problems and being comfortable with thinking one week, one month, or one year + ahead of where the program is now
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Early stage opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top