Regional Community Operations Specialist, Seoul
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
At the core of the Uber business is customer support. This is why Uber is now looking for a Regional Community Operations Specialist, who will champion user support efforts for different cities globally
You will be the person in the city for monitoring and actively improving the customer experience of the new business line
At Uber, we do everything in our power to make Uber unlike any other company out there by means of providing mindblowing support for our end users. We’re always looking for unique and exciting ways to solve the most challenging problems end users in cities we operate in encounter. Through excellent support, we take dissatisfied users and turn them into our strongest evangelists.
This role is about taking support to a whole new level, from reactive support to proactively providing guidance, assistance to all our customers, and spreading UberLove all over different cities globally
What you’ll be doing:
- You are at the forefront of rebuilding Uber to be a brand not only known for its amazing product, but for its awesome customer service. You will be the gatekeeper of making sure we deliver the best user experience in our new service
- You need to very sensitive to the early signs that would lead to negative customer experience, and to actively react on solving the issue before any negative customer experience is resulted. Also, you will need to constantly making sure the quality of customer service provided through email, in-app support, and phone, remains high standard. You will also be the reason that users of the new line of business will rave about the brand and will advocate for us to get more people to be users of the service.
- You are ambitious not only for the company and our vision, but also for your career. As you grow within the organization, you proactively share how you think we could improve the way we do things and drive these changes – after all, in Uber, we embrace new ideas and constant change.
- You will be leading a team of 6 to 10 temps for proactively providing customer support in the city.
- Passionate and obsessed about growing Uber through excellent support. You will be revolutionizing the concept of support at Uber. You’re excited about tackling head on the most challenging problems and questions from our end users.
- Cool and calm under pressure. Dealing with new and different challenges among a wide range of end users and partners excites you. You have a way to anticipate challenges that come your way and you like finding resolutions, using all resources available to you. You can move quickly with care. You embrace change and can absorb new information during times of pressure without losing composure during exchanges with the user.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding. You are easily adaptable to the emotion and tone of the end users you are dealing with. You are able to identify and resolve their issues quickly while knowing how to shift and adjust your approach with each of them.
- Word and tech savvy. Our end users and partners will appreciate having you on the other end of the line, as you are confident and knowledgeable of the product. This makes you awesome to exchange info with. You’re very comfortable using either written or spoken English and Korean to handle user concerns over email, through instant messaging or over a call. You also embrace most, if not all, things tech-related, thus your obsession with our product.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree from a good institution, any field
- Work experience of 2-6 years in a high intensity, fast paced environment
- Good in both written and spoken English, and excellent in Korean
- Exceptional comprehension and writing skills
- High proficiency using computers (typing, quickly navigating between various tools) and softwares
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to connect effectively what users are asking for with answers to their true issues
- Passion for creating support experiences that exceed users’ expectations
- Willingness to work in a team environment, contributing to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users
- An Uber evangelist — you care deeply about the product and getting others excited to ride and partner with Uber
- Strong self-motivation with high aptitude for team collaboration.
- Willingness to work during weekend when urgent issue happened.
- Work experience in customer-centric industries (ex. Hotels, airlines, banking)
- Extensive experience dealing with different markets (countries) and having good understanding of cultural differences
- Preferred: basic SQL, basic data analysis, and EXCEL
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top