Regional Community Operations Specialist - Indonesia
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber's global brand relies on providing exceptional and responsive support to both our rider and driver communities. We hire top professionals because we are passionate about providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest and most efficient way. Our Regional Community Operations Specialists will be responsible for, but not limited to, revising working processes, overseeing customer service team, handling sensitive escalated issues, identifying problems and proposing customer obsession solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Manage critical incidents end to end, playing a key role in crisis management for the region
- Manage high-quality customer service processes across multiple platforms
- Work with the regional team to convert global/regional initiatives into policies which will have a positive impact on the local rider and driver community
- Collaborate with Community Support Specialists in South East and North Asia to take advantage of local insights across the region
- Ensure customer service teams deliver high quality performance
- Investigate both sides of incidents, verifying facts, and determining resolutions based on internal policies
- Handle very sensitive cases and potentially emotional riders/ drivers
- Monitor flagged and inappropriate content and identify trends in online risk
- Work with the Brand Safety lead to develop and enhance internal policies and tools
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Comprehensively document investigations through written reports
- Interface with internal communications and social media teams
What You'll Need :
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- High quality communication skills in written and spoken English and local dialect
- 3 to 4 years of relevant professional experience, preferably as a first responder, incident responder, customer service, or customer relations.
- Exceptional reading comprehension.. Must be able to connect what riders or drivers are asking for with answers to their specific issues
- Passion for helping others and creating customer support experiences that exceed users' expectations
- High proficiency using computers and typing skills in both English and local dialect
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions
- Skilled at handling multiple issues at once to efficiently prioritize and solve a large number of inquiries
- Must work well in a team environment, contributing to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users
- Customer obsessed - You will create 'We Are Here To Help' perceptions with our drivers and riders
- Ability to remain cool under pressure- You will stay calm under pressure and can be the rock for those who come to us when they need help
- Patient and attentive - You will have to display patience while listening to sensitive riders and drivers through critical issues and figuring out what they want
- Goal-oriented - You will do whatever it takes to achieve the KPIs in providing a high quality of Customer Obsessed experience towards our drivers and riders
- Able to close the deal - You will end the communication leaving drivers and riders feeling like their issues have been taken care of
- Willing to learn - You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results
- Agile - You can move quickly and adapt in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. You will be on the front-lines of a highly visible, fast-growing brand
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top