Regional Community Operations Manager- Southwest Europe
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe. This role will have a heavy focus on people management, data analytics, and process continuous improvement, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
WHO YOU ARE
- A good communicated and stakeholder manager, you are able to strike the right tone and are a great stakeholder manager across the business both locally as international.
- Data driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. You can manipulate an Excel sheet like nobody's business. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- A lover of process and optimization.. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber's users and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Cool and calm under pressure. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You'll be tasked with scaling support in an innovative way at a company that's growing like crazy and changing constantly. You're prepared to:
- Be the owner of our Community Support performance metrics:
- Dive deep into the performance numbers, perform gap analysis and take data-driven actions to increase the quality and the reactivity of our Community Service.
- Ensure the interface with our engineering and operation teams to improve internal tools and user experience.
- Be the point of entry of the operational team and General Managers in the region to test and scale operational initiatives (sales activities, calling campaign, …)
- Be in charge of leading development and improvement projects for Community Support at EMEA scale:
- Development of new products/solutions (phone support, chat support, ...)
- Strategic projects (segmented and differentiated support)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Minimum 5 years of Operational experience that includes ideally experience in managing.
- Leading by example with experience empowering a team to execute under pressure and tight deadlines
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management.
- High Emotional IQ to expertly manage relationships with partners, influencers, and co-workers
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Strong planning and organizational skills; attention to detail
- Fluency in English and Portuguese required
- MBA or engineering graduate degree from a top school preferred
- Location will beLisbon, Portugal or Madrid, Spain. For the time being, the position is opened in both cities and choice is indifferent. However, candidates are asked to be flexible as relocation in the other city may be requested by mid-2018 depending on organizational considerations to come.
Back to top