Regional Claims Manager, Asia Pacific
We’re disrupting the transportation space and growing rapidly across Asia. This is an excellent opportunity for a claims professional to gain diverse experience across 14 countries in the region and build a team. This role will report directly to the Global Director of Claims in the US and support the regional insurance team in Singapore. So if you’re ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you’ve got the skills, experience, drive, and a strong team mentality – read on and get in touch!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will build internal reporting processes and procedures for auto-related claims in Asia Pacific which will scale with Uber’s growth
- You will monitor auto claims in Asia Pacific and manage in-house claims advocates to ensure timely and correct handling by insurers and third-party administrators
- For high-exposure claims, you will establish action plans based on case facts, best practices, protocols, regulatory issues and available resources
- Finally, you will constantly improve the claim process to keep up with Uber’s expansion, new products, and new insurance policies
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Professional capability in other Asian languages a plus, especially Indonesian, Thai, or Vietnamese
- 10 or more years of motor vehicle liability and personal accident claims handling experience with a strong preference for candidates with experience in litigated, complex, or large claims
- 4 or more years of experience managing teams of claims professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to provide information in a clear and concise manner and to communicate with a variety of individuals.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, self starter
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and make recommendations based upon information collected
- Knowledge in auto-related insurance regulatory matters, including coverage, litigation, and payment standards at the regional and local level preferred
- Employees receive Uber credits!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team to shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to work on a product which is changing the world. Uber is not just another social app: we’re reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Work with other sharp, motivated, passionate entrepreneurs in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top