At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we are looking for an interim recruiter who has the same critical eye for the top talent in the world.
The right person will be comfortable in an ownership environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a start-up culture.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily and have experience of high volume hiring
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Obsessive about candidate experience. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You're respectful of the candidate and the stressful process a job hunt can be.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Strong stakeholder manager - you have excellent communication skills, can provide insight and expertise up to director level and are used to helping drive decisions through data and reporting
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Based from our regional hub in Cairo, you'll be tasked with supporting our Operations and Community Operations division across EMEA, building super strong teams who help ensure our community of Riders and Partner Drivers get the best experience possible and world class, high quality and emotionally intelligent support.
- Source top talents using a variety of creative techniques
- Manage hiring manager expectations and develop processes around interviewing
- Be knowledgeable about our business and why people should work here.
- Spread the Uber message through attending networking events, e-meetups, etc.
- Work closely with our team to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategy around finding top talent.
- Manage the existing pipeline of candidates and identify what future opportunities they may be a fit for.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4+ years' experience, preferably in-house (with available metrics to back up how great you are!)
- Ideally experience supporting Operations or Customer Experience teams (including Operations Managers, Customer Experience Managers, Program Managers, Business Analysts, Strategy and Planning Mgrs, Quality Managers, Data Analysts, Product Managers, General Management)
- Creative solutions driven mindset
- Experience in a fast-growing tech environment a plus
- Solid understanding of our vision, business model and operations
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart recruiting partnerships happen
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top