At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a recruiter who has the same critical eye. Our recruiters must be able to find the diamonds in the rough.
Still reading? The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about bringing on the smartest folks, maintaining our culture as we grow crazy fast and putting process in place to keep it moving.
Still think this is you? Well then, keep reading!
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily… thousands of Uber applicants each month? No prob!
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Obsessive about candidate experience. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’re respectful of the candidate and the stressful process a job hunt can be.
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
You’ll be tasked with supporting our hiring managers, building rad teams and partnering with our existing shop. You’ll also:
- Source and hire top talent nationwide.
- Manage hiring manager expectations, develop processes around interviewing and oh ya, HIRE PEOPLE.
- Be knowledgeable about our business and why people should work here.
- Spread the UberLOVE through attending networking events, e-meetups, etc.
- Work closely with our team to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategy around finding top talent.
- Keep ‘em warm! Manage the existing pipeline of candidates and identify what future opportunities they may be a fit for.
- Both in-house and agency experience is preferred (with available metrics to back up how great you are)
- Law degree and/or work experience in legal field is highly preferred.
- Experience working on a variety of corporate roles (finance, legal, communications, etc).
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company and directly contribute to scaling a world class recruiting organization.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top