Recent Graduates (Partnership, Special Projects) - Tokyo
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
The Partnerships role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber’s newest services. As a Partnership specialist, you will be helping evangelize the vision of Uber to top local partners and industry influencers. Through a combination of inside and outside sales techniques, you will qualify, engage, and acquire new partners for our growing platform.
The role demands a unique combination of sales prowess, analytic ability, creativity, and straight up hustle. This is an intense startup-within-a-much-larger-startup role, and this person will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Uber brand in Tokyo.
What you’ll do:
- Sales / Partner Sourcing: Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to get the city’s best partners interested in Uber. You’ll spend a good portion of each day reaching out to partners over the phone and via email, being the face of our brand to partners.
- Strategic Partnerships: As a Partner specialist (this is a sophisticated sales role), you’ll be responsible for prospecting into and closing our highest priority accounts including top local “unicorns” and strategic mid-market accounts
- Negotiation and Deal Making: Assist in contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Process Scaling: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. Help design processes, whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, etc. in such a way that they fuel, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth.
- Hustle: Take ownership of Uber growth in Tokyo, do whatever it takes to get the job done, delight users and partners – we take NPS seriously!
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Strong undergraduate degree and related experience in Start-up, Tech, Computer Science, Marketing, or Operations preferred.
- Some experience in operations / sales / client-facing management is a plus (internships included)
- 2017 graduates and recent graduates with less than 2 years of working experience are welcome to apply
- A customer service orientation and natural ability to cultivate broad and deep relationships
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Fluent in Japanese (native level)
- You are competitive, passionate, and resourceful. You fight for the things you believe in.
- You are highly empathetic and genuinely seek to understand and add value to your customers.
- You love people and champion the customer. You seek out “win-wins” whenever possible.
- Bonus Skills and Attributes: Salesforce admin experience, proficiency in another language, Excel and Google Apps skills.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top