Quality Test Technician
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Quality Test Technician is responsible for testing electro-mechanical components, assemblies and subsystems, tracking results, and handling non-conforming products in a processed manner in order to deliver safe, reliable and high quality self-driving vehicle components, assemblies and subsystems for their integration onto OEM vehicle platforms. The successful candidate will be capable of performing testing functions within manufacturing facilities, diligently track testing results, and possess the ability to create charts, tables, and/or reports to report testing results to stakeholders. The Quality Test Technician must use hands-on troubleshooting techniques to diagnose and remedy any quality issues that arise during testing/inspection processes.
This individual is energetic, self-driven, effective in ambiguous environments and very effective in working across highly matrixed organizations. Communicates effectively and builds collaborative relationships.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do:
- Conducts tests of new components, assemblies and subsystems based on test criteria as established by policies and procedures or written test plans; maintains accurate records of test results and reports results
- Conducts various performance tests of the finished product in accordance with test criteria established by policies and procedures or written test plans and maintains accurate records of test results and reports results
- Operates required testing equipment in a safe manner following established safety rules, maintains a neat and clean work area, follows established tool and instrument control procedures, and reports any unsafe acts or conditions
- Communicate with internal teams and suppliers to address, correct and prevent deficiencies in parts, components, modules, assemblies, etc. that is discovered through testing
- Build test fixtures to carry out various needs associated with testing the components, assemblies and subsystems in a manner that will be accelerated in terms of time and that will correlate with actual field use conditions
- Complete testing reports on time and in accordance to the quality standards and processes of the organization
- Performs inspections and installation of parts and components on test vehicles; maintains accurate records of the installation of these parts and the collection of test data
- Perform audits, inspections, verification of components, assemblies, modules, parts, etc, using tools, gauges and systems to ensure product quality meets or exceed engineering and customer specifications
- Assist production technicians with the inspection and disposition of parts, components, assemblies, modules, etc.
- Actively participate in quality meetings including engineering reviews, supplier reviews, quality management reviews to ensure the effective and efficient communication of any quality related issues
- Analyze and implement effective problem tracking and resolution processes in accordance with internal quality management processes and methods
- Act decisively and maintain a professional and positive attitude when working with peers, customers, stakeholders, suppliers, etc.
- Some travel is required
What You'll Need:
- Technical degree, BS in related discipline, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experienced with electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills, typical metrology equipment, and ESD protective practices
- Software skills a plus.
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
The Global Product Operations group enables Uber's world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.
Back to top