We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Quality Technician is responsible for development and execution of quality standards and procedures within the manufacturing environment. The purpose of the role is to support the overall product quality of the components and assemblies within the manufacturing environment both internal, external and through the entire product lifecycle. The Quality Technicians also work with and provide services to multiple stakeholders and across organizations, therefore must be capable of communicating clearly and effectively across the organization.
This individual is energetic, self-driven, effective in ambiguous environments and very effective in working across highly matrixed organizations. Communicates effectively and builds collaborative relationships.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Assist on the disposition of defective materials
- Report and respond to quality non-conformances (defects) in a timely manner
- Communicate with internal teams and suppliers to address, correct and prevent deficiencies in parts, components, modules, assemblies, etc.
- Complete product reports on time and in accordance to the quality standards and processes of the organization
- Perform audits, inspections, verification of components, assemblies, modules, parts, etc, using tools, gauges and systems to ensure product quality meets or exceed engineering and customer specifications
- Actively participate in quality meetings including engineering reviews, supplier reviews, quality management reviews to ensure the effective and efficient communication of any quality related issues
- Analyze and implement effective problem tracking and resolution processes in accordance with internal quality management processes and methods
- Coordinate and conduct process control, inspection and/or verification audits
- Assist production technicians with the inspection and disposition of parts, components, assemblies, modules, etc.
- Act decisively and maintain a professional and positive attitude when working with peers, customers, stakeholders, suppliers, etc.
- Some travel is required
What You'll Need
- Technical degree, BS in related discipline, or equivalent combination of experience and education (1-3 yrs)
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
The Global Product Operations group enables Uber's world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.
Back to top