Quality Manager, Community Operations, UberEATS EMEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Uber, thousands of people are engaged in providing world-class support to our community. We need to track the performance of our support, from the overall EMEA network level down to the individual level, and build efficient, scalable and easy-to-use tools to do that.
We're looking for a Quality Manager to join our UberEATS Community Operations team in Amsterdam. The Quality Manager will be in charge of building the tools and leading the efforts to track our support network performance and help providing a better quality of customer support to our community: eaters, restaurants and couriers. He / She will drive and organize projects to improve customer satisfaction and help the different teams in the business to reach a world-class customer support experience.
The Quality Manager is a methodical but creative thinker and has to love large multi-partner initiatives that require to innovate, lead, influence, and think both strategically and tactically. The Quality Manager must thrive in the type of environment that is fast paced, constantly changing and growing. Many of the problems and challenges we face have no textbook solution, so the ability to invent is critical.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Run extensive data analysis at the regional level to identify the root causes of customers dissatisfaction, and set regional top priorities and plans to action the main levers to improve support quality.
- Build region-wide tools to track agents performance, help improve customers satisfaction, provide guidelines and frameworks to the regional teams to help them track the efficiency of the different initiatives they will develop.
- Review our current processes and policies to identify the ones driving the highest dissatisfaction or poorest customer experience, and work with regional teams to improve them.
- Partner with the headquarter-based teams to leverage and roll-out global initiatives in the region, liaise with local stakeholders to understand their specific needs and ensure timely and efficient feedback to the central teams.
- Report on the different global and local initiatives to the regional teams, track the evolution and impact of the different projects, and set targets.
- Develop, train, and mentor management, associate and project teams on our Quality philosophy and principles.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or other field with quantitative focus
- 4-5+ years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; analytics or operations experience at a high-growth company is a plus
- SQL fluency or knowledge of at least one programming language is necessary
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills and the understanding that there's always more to learn
- Experience presenting data visually
WHO YOU ARE
- A builder - Creating scalable tools to assess quality of processes and agents performance is a piece-of-cake.
- Analytical expert - We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to manage quality and efficiency in your team, you are able to constantly monitor data and understand trends, and use it to make the right business adjustments.
- A self starter - You are ready for the autonomy that comes with building things from scratch within Uber, which includes defining the roles and responsibilities, goals and metrics, and processes within that team. You recognize that not every situation has a playbook, and are ready to face new problems and think of solutions independently.
- A team player - You aren't scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content.
- Poised - Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Efficiency - You are skilled at creating processes to eliminate them. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate.
- Naturally curious - You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations Learning org successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams.
- Speed, resourcefulness and go getter attitude - Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You're flexible and have no problem pushing for the right idea that will help build awesome experiences for our users across the globe.
- Ownership - You get things done. Passionate and self-driven, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You have the initiative to solve problems on your own.
- Motivated - You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team of users.
- Service orientation - As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you'll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest critics. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go.
- Employees will receive Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top