Quality Assurance Manager, LATAM Community Operations
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
At Uber, providing extraordinary customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering support isn't easy - it takes leaders who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
We're looking for a Quality Assurance Manager who will lead our quality assurance efforts for our LATAM Centers of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing an elite customer support to riders and drivers. You will be responsible for ensuring that quality improvement feedback is consistently available to COE Managers so that Uber as a whole is moving toward a fun and crafted customer experience. This role will report to the Regional Quality Assurance Manager for LATAM. This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, delivering against key performance indicator goals, and continuing process improvement with use of data analytics; those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and eager to lead.
What you'll do:
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational metrics
- Analyze the performance of your teams and provide constructive feedback to Audit Leads on a consistent basis
- Be a Subject-Matter Guide (SME) on your team's processes and policies
- Responsible for identifying trends with respect to team's' performance and overall support quality
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver an extraordinary experience every time, all the time
- Be a critical thought partner to COE Management in developing an exclusive experience to the customer
What you'll need
- Validated business leader with 3+ years of experience in customer support strategy or quality assurance and previous people manager experience
- Experienced team leader with a track record for attracting and developing strong talent, and building high performing teams
- An entrepreneur; act like an owner and make decisions as such
- Self motivated with a strong affinity for problem solving, always challenging the status quo and never settling for how something 'has always been done'
- Demonstrated success in using data to make customer-obsessed decisions and drive behavior change in support organizations
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills across multiple functions/teams
- Passionate about Uber and moving people in all senses of the word
- Prior professional experience with process optimization, program management, customer support strategy, or quality assurance
- 15% domestic travel required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically inspires people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top