Quality Assurance Manager - EMEA Community Operations
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides and food with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 50+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
Providing amazing support for our community is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it, and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Uber, thousands of people are engaged in providing world-class support to our community. We need to onboard hundreds more people each month and ensure that those we have hired continuously develop their skills, no matter the role.
To support that we’re looking for an all-star Quality Manager to work alongside our Center of Excellence team to lead the internal Quality program. The Quality Manager will be in charge of running the quality processes to track our support performance in the Center Of Excellence, and help providing a better quality of customer support to our community. He / She will drive and organize projects to improve customer satisfaction and help the different teams in the business to reach a world-class customer support experience.
The Quality Manager is a methodical but creative thinker and has to love large multi-partner initiatives that require to innovate, lead, influence, and think both strategically and tactically. The Quality Manager must thrive in the type of environment that is fast paced, constantly changing and growing. Many of the problems and challenges we face have no textbook solution, so the ability to invent is critical.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Managing the Center Of Excellence Quality Audit Processes and manage a team of Quality Auditors performing quality assurance audits
- Performing root-cause analysis on some specific customer issues to understand what we can do better and improve customer support
- Liaise with Uber internal teams in the different markets supported by the Center Of Excellence in order to give feedback on what processes can be improved in order to increase the quality of our support
- Liaise with the Center Of Excellence internal management teams in order to provide feedback on Agents Performance and help provide coaching to increase their individual performance
- Liaise with our external providers teams (BPOs) to provide feedback on their teams performance, and create sets of recommendations to improve the performance of their agents
- Liaise and report to the Product teams based on the root-cause analysis results to surface product issues and create sets of recommendations on product improvement based on customers feedback
- Create and update reports to provide insights to other teams in the business on what is causing customer pain and how we can improve the product experience
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or other field with quantitative focus
- 4-5+ years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; analytics or operations experience at a high-growth company is a plus
- SQL fluency or knowledge of at least one programming language is necessary
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills – many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how — and the understanding that there’s always more to learn
- Experience presenting data visually
WHO YOU ARE
- A builder – Creating scalable tools to assess quality of processes and agents performance is a piece-of-cake.
- Analytical master – We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to manage quality and efficiency in your team, you are able to constantly monitor data and understand trends, and use it to make the right business adjustments.
- Entrepreneurial self starter – You are ready for the autonomy that comes with building things from scratch within Uber, which includes defining the roles and responsibilities, goals and metrics, and processes within that team. You recognize that not every situation has a playbook, and are ready to face new problems and think of solutions independently.
- A team player – You aren’t scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content.
- Poised – Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Efficiency and process obsession – You hate inefficient processes and you are skilled at creating processes to eliminate them. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate.
- Naturally curious – You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations Learning org successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams.
- Hustle – Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You’re flexible, fearless, and never satisfied with the status quo. You have no problem stepping on other people’s toes if it means pushing for the right idea that will help build awesome experiences for our users across the globe.
- Ownership – You get things done. Passionate, self-driven and fearless, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You don’t wait around for other people to tell you what to do and have the initiative to solve problems on your own.
- Motivated – You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users, and are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Service orientation – As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you’ll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest haters. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go.
- Employees will receive Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
- Salary and compensation based on experience.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top