Quality Assurance Manager - EMEA Community Operations- Cairo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Providing amazing support for our community is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it, and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Uber, thousands of people are engaged in providing world-class support to our community. We need to onboard hundreds more people each month and ensure that those we have hired continuously develop their skills, no matter the role.
To support that we're looking for an all-star Quality Manager to work alongside our Center of Excellence team to lead the internal Quality program. The Quality Manager will be in charge of running the quality processes to track our support performance in the Center Of Excellence, and help providing a better quality of customer support to our community. He / She will drive and organize projects to improve customer satisfaction and help the different teams in the business to reach a world-class customer support experience.
The Quality Manager is a methodical but creative thinker and has to love large multi-partner initiatives that require to innovate, lead, influence, and think both strategically and tactically. The Quality Manager must thrive in the type of environment that is fast paced, constantly changing and growing. Many of the problems and challenges we face have no textbook solution, so the ability to invent is critical.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Managing the Center Of Excellence Quality Audit Processes and manage a team of Quality Auditors performing quality assurance audits
- Performing root-cause analysis on some specific customer issues to understand what we can do better and improve customer support
- Liaise with Uber internal teams in the different markets supported by the Center Of Excellence in order to give feedback on what processes can be improved in order to increase the quality of our support
- Liaise with the Center Of Excellence internal management teams in order to provide feedback on Agents Performance and help provide coaching to increase their individual performance
- Liaise with our external providers teams (BPOs) to provide feedback on their teams performance, and create sets of recommendations to improve the performance of their agents
- Liaise and report to the Product teams based on the root-cause analysis results to surface product issues and create sets of recommendations on product improvement based on customers feedback
- Create and update reports to provide insights to other teams in the business on what is causing customer pain and how we can improve the product experience
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or other field with quantitative focus
- 4-5+ years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; analytics or operations experience at a high-growth company is a plus
- SQL fluency or knowledge of at least one programming language is necessary
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills and the understanding that there's always more to learn
- Experience presenting data visually
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A self starter attitude- You are ready for the autonomy that comes with building things from scratch within Uber, which includes defining the roles and responsibilities, goals and metrics, and processes within that team. You recognize that not every situation has a playbook, and are ready to face new problems and think of solutions independently.
- An anaytical mindset
- A team player attitude- You aren't scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content.
- Natural curiosity - You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations Learning org successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams.
- Speed, resourcefulness and a go getter attitude.
- Ownership - You get things done. Passionate and self-driven, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You have the initiative to solve problems on your own.
- Motivated - You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team of users, and are passionate about grinding away at issues.
- Service orientation - As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you'll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest critics. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go.
- Employees will receive Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
- Salary and compensation based on experience.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top