Quality Analytics Manager - APAC
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Data is at the core of all decisions made in Uber. As an early leader in this team, you will drive the thinking behind company wide decisions that impact how we support users in cities globally.
- This is not the typical sit-behind-a-computer-screen analyst role. Candidates who will thrive need to be well-rounded, thorough, and driven. Having the energy to gather data, extract insights, and take full ownership of high impact projects are hallmarks for top performing candidates.
- Be ready to hustle! You must be excited to learn on your feet, overcome any challenges, and get pumped with the opportunity to build a growing business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
There's never a typical day at Uber, but the general objective and responsibilities of this role include:
- Create statistical models, queries, and ad hoc data analysis that drives our day to day operations.
- Build analytical tools and platforms that will be used by teams globally.
- Setup, improve, and automate reporting methods in a rapidly growing business with new products constantly being introduced.
- Collaborate with regional city teams to address the biggest support challenges we face. Lead the thinking on how we can deliver remarkable experiences to our users in an efficient and scalable way.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3-5+ years of work experience in a quantitative role in tech, finance, or consulting
- BS/Masters in Math, Physics, CS, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative field
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis, data relationships, and data integrity
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; accuracy is a must!
- A preference for quality over quantity - you get the math right and aspire to build the right solution; you work well with teams that hold each other to a high bar
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment to solve problems without direct supervision
- Development experience in at least one scripting language a plus (SQL, Python and/or R preferred)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Hustle - Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You're flexible, fearless, and never satisfied with the status quo. You have no problem stepping on other people's toes if it means pushing for the right idea that builds an awesome user experience.
- Ownership - You get things done and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You don't wait around for other people to tell you what to do and have the initiative to solve problems on your own.
- Analytical: You get pumped up digging through huge data sets and filtering out irrelevant distractions to get to your key insight. You can break down problems into manageable tasks which allows you to tackle them in a structured way.
- Excellent communication skills - The ability to speak, present, and write effectively is critical as you interact with different teams across Uber.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Early opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of one of today's fastest growing tech companies
- The rare opportunity to change the world with a product that almost everyone around you is using. We're not just another social web app. We're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top