Purchasing Manager - Autonomous Vehicle
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
What you'll do
- Lead commercial execution of Uber Technology hardware components
- Establish and lead purchasing processes for hardware components
- Work with Global automotive OEM to ensure Uber systems support OEM timing and program delivery for Uber components
- Lead commercial interfaces/negotiations with Tier I Automotive Suppliers
- Work with engineering leaders to set up and run supplier strategy (Match Pair concept)
- Work with new technology components and drive for strategic relationships with Tier Is
- Collaborate with Engineering teams (Pittsburgh, PA and San Francisco, CA), global OEM, and Tier 1s to deliver the program
- Lead execution of strategic supplier relationships from Program Start to Job1
- Operate in a dynamic business and technology conditions
- Think creatively on where to break from the traditional rules and where to hold firm to get quality results faster
What you'll need
- At least 5 years of direct experience at an OEM, Tier 1 supplier, or industrial organization
- Working knowledge of Automotive systems and processes
- Strong Automotive purchasing experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead large and complex projects from start to launch
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners to deliver joint projects
- Strong business insight
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Degree in engineering and/or Business, with demonstrated strong academic performance
- International business exposure, with demonstrated success working across cultures
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top