Public Policy, Sr Manager
About this Role
We are looking for someone to join our Federal Affairs team as a government relations senior manager, based in Washington, DC.This role will include:
- Leading Uber’s relationships with Republicans in the U.S. Congress
- Communicating Uber’s policy positions in writing and an in-person advocate
- Monitoring and responding to regulatory developments in the legislative branch
What We’re Looking For
To succeed you will need:
- Great relationships: We are looking for someone with strong relationships, particularly with the leadership of the 115th Congress
- Strong communication skills: Uber’s policy agenda is simple—advance public policy that benefits riders, drivers, and cities. You will need to be able to explain our positions clearly and concisely in writing and verbally
- A self starter attitude: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things move fast in our world so you will need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A utility player mindset: We are looking for someone who can communicate effectively across a wide range of products, issues, and campaigns.
- Advocacy chops: This is an external-facing role You will need the intellectual fire power to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Ideally you will have 8+ years experience working in government or the private sector. We prefer candidates who have worked in a senior role on Capitol Hill, especially on the Senate side.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top