Public Policy Senior Associate
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Urban transportation has looked the same for a long time—a really long time—thanks in large part to regulatory regimes that don't inspire innovation. We think it's time for change. Uber's Public Policy team is helping facilitate that change around the world, and we're looking for hustler to help us take on the hard fights. This position will be based in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro or Brasília (DF).
What you'll do
- Analyze existing and proposed laws and regulations for impact on Uber or our transportation partners.
- Develop strategies for keeping markets open, and opening new ones.
- Design regulatory and legislative proposals in support of those strategies.
- Directly engage policymakers, their staffs and third parties to educate them about Uber's business model and vision.
What we're looking for
- Hustle – The Policy team moves fast. If you're dependent on your little black book, this isn't the job for you. We're operating in and going to new places. The right candidate makes friends fast, figures out their enemies faster, and isn't uncomfortable getting on a plane without a change of clothes.
- A Wonk — We're helping develop the regulatory infrastructure for the next generation of transportation services. You need to be comfortable with complex legal issues and wading through convoluted regulatory regimes, but comfort with our issues only matters if you can articulate them in a plainspoken manner to a wide variety of audiences at a moment's notice.
- Attitude – This team believes what we're doing is changing the world for the better, and we play to win.
Competitive candidates probably have at least five years of experience in a public affairs role involving direct interaction with government officials, and will be business-fluent in Portuguese and English. But the length of your resume is significantly less important than the other qualities we're looking for (see, e.g., hustle, wonk, and attitude).
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top