Project Specialist - Label Production
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
The Labeling Team is in charge of creating high quality datasets that are used by autonomy teams to improve the driverless car experience. We categorize and annotate camera imagery, LiDAR point clouds and other datatypes to feed machine learning systems for our AV detection systems. As we increase the scope of our self driving efforts, we are looking to hire in a number of areas including policy/workflow, training, user testing and data analytics. Time is generally split between a local production team and a remote team in India and varies role to role.
We are looking for Project Specialists to join our Label Production Team to drive process improvements that facilitate scaling our org and are generally excited about operational excellence. In addition to being a pro communicator with a love of efficiency, ideal candidates should have a proven ability to solve problems creatively, are systems-oriented thinkers and not shy away from calling for big changes when the moment is right. Time will be split between focus area responsibilities (policy/workflow, training, user testing and data analytics), leadership responsibilities and label production responsibilities.
- Work with engineering and production teams to ensure consistent understanding of data needs and data products
- Work with custom-built tools and software to support our large organization's data needs
- Assist decision-making responsibilities for our large production team
What you'll need
- Demonstrated leadership ability - experience working with large remote teams is even better!
- Excellent communications skills including written, spoken and visual - we work with diverse customers with varying language and technical abilities and are looking for someone who can communicate with them all.
- Incredible attention to detail - given the scope of impact, one bottleneck can affect hundreds of people
- Experience with software/tools testing, process improvements and technical writing. Examples include graphic design, CAD, GIS or video production.
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment - we change gears quickly and are looking for someone well-versed in multi-tasking and delivering on short deadlines.
- Experience using custom tools to build datasets appropriate for machine learning
- For some areas, basic coding skills, comfort with query languages and strong competencies in statistical concepts are required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top