Project Manager, Customer Support
About the job
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we're looking for a Project Manager for our Account Security and Risk (ASR) Team (you!) to lead our support initiatives into Uber's advanced payment issues, rider fraud, account takeovers, and other areas of advanced support. You'll be responsible for developing and executing on strategies to improve performance and productivity, as well as set goals to track success, all while consistently meeting customer expectations.
Potential responsibilities and areas of focus include designing and running experiments on saved replies / policies, optimizing routing, changing agent performance plan, working with fraud and other product teams in early product development, etc. You have excellent project management skills, problem-solving prowess, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What you'll do
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in fraud and use this position to review and optimize process, performance, tools, and resources
- Design, implement, and prioritize experiments (Labs) in areas that need improvement, including saved replies, support logic and policies
- Develop, maintain, and QA content for ASR agents to ensure that the voice, tone, and brand of fraud support is consistent and effective
- Represent ASR and the team's interests/needs to the Community Operations organization, including escalating resource needs to leadership and helping to prioritize alongside other Brand Safety teams (incident response, social operations and response, and executive customer relations)
- Push process and volume down to BPOs and lower tiers of support by incubating process within the Centers of Excellence, Uber's contact centers, and standardizing policy to point of near-automation
- Work closely with product teams to identify areas of fraud vulnerability and design considerations to proactively manage this risk
- Develop support program for new products / features alongside Product Support teams
- Develop and implement a plan for international ASR support, including staffing, training, process and translation/localization
What you'll need
- At least 2 years of project management experience
- The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data required to make quick and effective decisions
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Excited about the opportunity to create and optimize support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing those processes
- Exceptional communication and writing skills with attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
Bonus points if
- Completed Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Experience in investigations and investigative case management tools
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies
- SQL proficiency
- High-growth operations or startup experience
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top