Program Manager - User Verification
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
About the Role
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward. We are currently searching for a Program Manager, User Verification, who will continue to help us build effective user verification policies and products for all of Uber. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with Uber's Safety & Insurance Team to develop user verification policies and products
- Work with global operations teams to identify risks and execute mitigation plans
- Help define global standards for driver, rider, and other user verification
- Work with stakeholders to promote change and deploy new tools and strategies
- Identify and evaluate vendors with high-impact, scalable solutions
- Optimize tactics for detecting fraudulent documents and falsified information to bolster efficacy of user verification systems
- Develop relationships with functional leaders and key stakeholders across global operations
- Design appropriate metrics, tools, and methods to track and sustain improvements
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 5 years of industry or consulting experience in risk mitigation, fraud, quality assurance, compliance, internal controls, global operations, or related fields
- Change management in a large/international company
- Analytical and data driven. Passion for problem solving.
- Influential with great communication skills
- Experience in planning, setting metrics, and roadmap development
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Ability to design processes and policies without a prescribed template
- Passion for improving Uber user experience with a focus on safety
- MBA or Master's degree a plus.
- Experience working in the investigations/fraud space a plus
- International experience a plus
About the Team
Uber's Safety & Insurance Team is dedicated to reducing incidents and improving safety across our global operations. You'll work with professionals who represent a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds, from engineering to product to insurance to legal. Safety is at the core of the Uber experience, and you'll be a key contributor to the team's global efforts and successes.
Back to top