Program Manager, Process & Program Management
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced Program Manager to build and optimize several high-impact programs in the NorthAm Community Operations team. In this role, you will design and launch new programs from the ground up or own the end-to-end optimization of existing programs. A key component of the role will be to develop gold-standard procedures and drive alignment across multiple Line of Business teams. You will also represent the NorthAm Customer Experience team to our key internal stakeholders including: Business Policy, Strategy & Planning, and Product.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Conduct thorough evaluation of current programs; design and implement systems to make step-change improvements in program efficiency and impact
- Drive alignment across disparate teams; design processes and communication channels to break down silos and ensure consistent expectations across teams
- Lead a significant revamp of our Escalation Program, including designing a systematic process to surface and resolve root cause problems through closed feedback loops
- Influence support product teams on behalf of NorthAm line of business teams; serve as a key contributor to define and operationalize "next generation" support excellence
- Become a trusted partner and advocate for NorthAm Customer Experience across stakeholders in operations, support policy, product, and engineering
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience
- Minimum of 1 years in leadership role in operations, process improvement, or customer support
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of driving alignment across disparate, cross-functional teams
- Process expert with deep understanding of how to optimize workflows
Bonus Points if
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Expert at creating flowcharts and process maps with tools, like LucidChart
About the Team
The Process and Program Management team build and optimize processes across lines of business. This may include developing robust playbooks and standard operating procedures for new or existing programs. In addition, this team will represent NorthAm for internal teams, such as Product (Customer Obsession), Strategy & Planning, Business Policy, and Centers of Excellence (COE).
Back to top