Program Manager - FinTech
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Our mission is to empower Uber to grow intelligently and to enable business decisions through real-time and predictive data insights. FinTech is a part of the CFO’s organization and responsible for innovating & developing the best financial products & systems in the world. Our DNA is customer passion, top-quality products, teamwork and transparency.
We are currently seeking a Program Manager within the FinTech team to drive significant projects, initiatives and system implementation within the Finance organization. Key responsibilities include driving program scope definition, program management and team portfolio management.
The right candidate will have demonstrated experience in applying large-scale program management methodology, and has deep experience and understanding of technology and finance, cross-functional team management, change management, and organizational dynamics.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you’ll do
- Create global project plans with detailed drilldowns into geographic/country-specific deployments
- Resource, scope, schedule administration, projects and tasks
- Obtain detailed requirements from product teams and align cross functional team initiatives
- Manage team to deliver functional and technical requirements, systems integrations and operational playbooks
- Develop plans for system testing and certifications
- Conduct workshops and stakeholder meetings to steer team updates
- Categorize and track issues & KPI’s, ensure proper resolutions from the product team
- Ensure compliance with project management process and tools across the portfolio
- Support portfolio management of FinTech projects executed within the team
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years experience deploying financial systems transformation projects in complex, global organizations coupled with a minimum 5 years total experience in accounting, finance, or related business experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to align teams and liaise effectively with leaders
- To be a go-getter, excellent with tasks
- Experience in high growth and/or pre-IPO technology company
- Team oriented leadership skills and to be comfortable managing external vendor partners as wells as internal stakeholders including Uber management and executives
- A bachelor’s degree, MBA or PMP a plus!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top