Program Manager, Driver Trips
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we're looking for a Program Manager for our Driver Trips Support Program. This team provides project management support for the driver pickup and on-trip experience. You'll be responsible for overseeing project managers tasked with developing and executing on strategies and tactics to improve support performance and productivity, as well as set goals to track success, all while consistently meeting customer expectations.
This leadership role advances initiatives throughout the organization by steering interdepartmental and cross functional teams to integrate process and technology improvements, as well as work closely with external stakeholders to stay up to date with the newest trends and launches. Time will be spent working with your team to analyze and research existing practices as well as future improvements that will yield the highest impact.
What You'll Do
- Improve operational performance by using a data-driven approach for issue identification, root cause analysis, and improvement rollouts
- Create actionable, specific KPIs, support metrics and performance dashboards for all supported teams and provide progress/updates on performance vs goals regularly to key stakeholders
- Provide project and key stakeholder alignment on initiatives to ensure they are connected to the larger Community Operations goals; ensure projects are properly defined and scoped with Charters that include well-written problem statements and quantifiable goals and baseline data
- Be the subject matter expert for best support practices obtained internally and externally
- Be the source of knowledge to train, educate, and answer questions from project managers, customer service representatives (CSRs) or other stakeholders in the organization
- Be on the forefront of trends impacting the Driver Experience program
- Grow your team of project managers by helping them develop critical professional skills (analytics, business acumen, presentation skills, project management, and communication)
What You'll Need
- Minimum 4 years of project and/or program management experience
- People management experience
- Experience using data to make change, including the creation and use of performance dashboards
- A desire to achieve goals and willingness to be creative and flexible to overcome obstacles to achieving those goals
- Ability to create and optimize support processes, willing and able to lead others utilizing those processes
Bonus points if
- High-growth operations or startup experience
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume work environment
- Six Sigma, Change Management, and/or Project Management certifications
About the Team
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe. This team provides project management support for the driver pickup and on-trip experience.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top