Program Manager - Community Operations, Limerick
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we're looking for a Program Manager, (you!) to develop and lead various support efforts within our Limerick Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, and provides an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
The Program Manager will work alongside Customer Support Managers and other stakeholders across EMEA to execute projects and deliver the world-class customer support that the Centers of Excellence are known for. Always looking to improve efficiency and solve problems which arise in this high change environment, this role is dynamic and fast thinking.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
Who You Are:
- Superpumped. You are passionate about Uber and our mission, passionate about solutions, and love getting into the weeds on any and all issues.
- Data-driven and analytical. We run our business on facts and data. You are intellectually inquisitive and are capable and down to dive both a mile deep and wide when needed. Understanding queue theory is a plus.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You have the ability to selfserve, get the data and tell the story.
- Action oriented. You have a strong bias for action, and can effectively balance the tension between swift execution, high quality work product, and longterm strategic thinking.
What You'll Do:
- Drive analysis on global projects and important strategic decisions to raise the bar on the support experience for our riders and partner drivers.
- Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations Team to establish and subsequently measure the impact and efficiency of new projects and business processes.
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the daily operations of the Limerick COE.
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible.
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist local, regional and global operations managers.
- Own all forecasting for the COE. This includes both inbound support for all LOBS as well as CSR hiring needs.
- Manage a team of analytical superstars, supporting a 350 seat (and rapidly growing) contact centre.
- Forecast, analyse and monitor staffing needs for the COE taking into account seasonality and external factors, as well as internal factors such as new product incubation, city expansions, etc.
- Supervise and help drive input into Uber's global continuous improvement program
What You'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics related field. MBA or graduate degree a big plus.
- 3+ years of financial planning, investment banking, consulting analytical or related experience. High growth operations experience is a plus.
- Project management and process improvement experience and qualifications.
- Customer-centric focus with demonstrated success in problem solving, teamwork, adaptability, planning, decision making and data analysis.
- Strong communication and experience managing competing stakeholders.
- Solid SQL skills preferred.
Back to top