Program Manager, Community Operations EMEA - Russia
EMEA Community Operations – Program CommOps Manager – Russia
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 500+ cities worldwide, including over 120+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners — our community — is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We’re looking for a Program Community Operations Manager to develop and lead support efforts in cooperation with our Russian partner. Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe. This will be a role with a heavy focus on data analytics and process continuous improvement, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
To provide the best support experience to our communities, Uber relies on a network of internal and external providers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with our partner to implement new processes, new products, new policies within their teams, identify priorities and roadblocks, match them with strong data analysis, actionable action plan and monitor the results on the customer experience
- Be the on-the-ground point of contact to coordinate the actions and decisions made in conjunction with the regional CommOps managers (in charge of customer support in each market in Europe) about team trainings, upskilling, etc.
- Stay close to the operations to understand what’s going on and how we can improve our processes
- Provide our partner with all the tools, content, training materials they need with the support of the Agent Success central team based in Amsterdam
- Transform our current support systems into something that drives immense value for the company.
- Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven process improvements.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and confidently answer any questions that come your way in a high stress, fast moving environment.
- Listen attentively to the voice of Uber’s community and provide feedback to the rest of the company.
- You will be based in Moscow but will be travelling on a regular basis in other markets
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4+ years of work experience in consulting, service industry, manufacturing or distribution in a high volume and extremely fast paced environment – preferred but not required. Experience in leadership of project teams and management of junior team members. High-growth operations or startup experience a plus
- Master’s degree in science/engineering, business, economics, finance or any science-related fields or equivalent internal Uber experience.
- People management experience with proven ability to effectively manage teams through challenging managerial situations (non direct reporting line…) and engage multiple stakeholders.
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management.
- A lover of process and optimization. You will be revolutionizing support for the Uber community. You’re excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. You can manipulate an Excel sheet like nobody’s business.
- Structure and clear communication – we need you to be able to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Cool and calm under pressure. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Word-savvy. You’re eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you’re explaining a new policy to riders or drivers, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
- Attention and interest for detail
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment.
- Consulting background preferred but not required.
- Employees receive Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you helped build. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Monthly gym reimbursement
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top