Production Designer, Regional Marketing
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We're seeking a small group of very skilled and thoughtful designers to define and execute against a giant vision that improves what Uber has brought to the world so far.
You'll work among some of the best designers and marketing managers in a productive, rapidly growing, hybrid (technology/operations) environment.
We are highly user-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role requires great execution, bold innovation, passion for quality, and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and aspiration to take projects to the finish line.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
Who you are
- You are a career production designer: You are passionate about production. You don't consider this a stepping stone on the path to becoming an art director but rather the foundation for a career in production design
- You create massive output: You deliver twice the quantity in half the time. Your toolbox is full of scripts, actions, tricks, and techniques that allow you to produce at high speeds. You constantly strive to optimize your workflow, increase your output, and become a more efficient and effective production artist.
- The details matter to you: You've spent your career caring about precise positioning and color consistency. You notice an off-centered layout before anyone else in the room. You have deep knowledge about file formats, color spaces, and compression techniques and possess nuanced views on which works best in each situation.
- You can localize and customize: You've worked with creative that requires global-scale localization. You enjoy the challenge of concepts that require dynamic text and variable imagery. With the right templates, you can turn one design into thousands of unique assets.
- You're seasoned in digital and analog: You're savvy in producing assets for responsive web layouts and digital display banners. You have a demonstrated history of managing pre-press for print projects ranging from direct mailers to billboards. You bring and equal attention to detail to both pixels and ink.
- You're self-sufficient:You can take design direction as well as occasionally conceptualize, design, and organize projects on your own. When needed, you manage your workload accordingly to accommodate conflicting deadlines.
What you'll need
- A demonstrated ability to deliver design at high volumes under tight timelines
- At least 3 years of production design experience
- A thorough understanding of designing to achieve business objectives while meeting an expected brand standard for aesthetic quality
- Experience with performance marketing a plus, but not necessary
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top