Production Designer, Regional Marketing
Uber has already found strong product/market fit with its world-changing service. But it is absolutely day one for us. We’re seeking a small group of unbelievably talented and thoughtful designers to define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.
If you have the right stuff to join Uber, you’ll work among some of the best designers and marketing managers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid (technology/operations) environment.
We are highly user-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great execution, bold innovation, obsession with quality, fearlessness and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
We might be a good match if…
You are a career production designer.
You live and breathe production. You don’t consider this a stepping stone on the path to becoming an art director but rather the foundation to build a career in production design
You create massive output.
You deliver twice the quantity in half the time. Your toolbox is loaded with scripts, actions, tricks, and techniques that allow you to produce at inhuman speeds. You constantly strive to optimize your workflow, increase your output, and become a more efficient and effective production artist.
The details matter to you.
You’ve spent your career slaving over precise positioning and color consistency. You notice an off-centered layout before anyone else in the room. You are a walking encyclopedia of file formats, color spaces, and compression techniques and possess nuanced views on which works best in each situation.
You can localize and customize.
You’ve worked with creative that requires global-scale localization. You enjoy the challenge of concepts that require dynamic text and variable imagery. With the right templates, you can turn one design into thousands of unique assets.
You’re seasoned in digital and analog.
You’re an expert at producing assets for responsive web layouts and digital display banners. You have a proven history of managing pre-press for print projects ranging from direct mailers to billboards. You bring and equal attention to detail to both pixels and ink.
You can take design direction as well as occasionally conceptualize, design, and organize projects on your own. When needed, you manage your workload accordingly to accommodate conflicting deadlines.
Here are the kind of skills we’re looking for:
- Proven ability to deliver design at high volumes under tight timelines
- 3+ years of production design experience
- A solid understanding of designing to achieve business objectives while meeting an expected brand standard and high bar for aesthetic quality
- Experience with performance marketing a plus, but not necessary
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to be a part of building a worldwide brand, ensuring its success and helping evolve it for the future
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top