Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Want to help create elite advertising for one of the world's highest profile brands? Dreamed of working for a company whose products reach millions of people a week and are helping to shape entire industries? Then look no further!
As a Production Designer on Uber's Creative team you will be responsible for delivering advertising assets for use across a wide range of marketing channels. We are looking for someone with a solid knowledge of design fundamentals who also has a passion for process, efficiency and productivity. The ideal candidate possesses strong graphic design and technical skills as well as superb organizational practices. Read on if this sounds like you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will play a critical role in helping your team find the best available options to execute campaigns across a variety of marketing channels; such as social media, out of home, as well as traditional online digital ads. Our job is to ensure that quality and brand standards are maintained throughout the entire creative process. You will work closely with our Designers, recreating their design files across multiple sizes and formats, and delivering all of the final assets for trafficking. Creating documentation to help define and improve these processes will also be part of your job function.
Communicating effectively with the designers, copywriters, project and marketing managers on your team will be crucial to your success. You should have a clear understanding of scale & proportion and how this translates across different sized ad units. The role involves large scale production work with a high degree of file exporting and optimization involved. Being adept at handling this high volume of work is critical and will require problem solving and critical thinking on daily basis.
A large part of the role will also involve working closely with our translations guides to create localized versions for non-english/non-hindi speaking cities. At times this requires working with city teams to execute on a given campaign.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Guide knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & After Effects a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Libraries
- Deep knowledge of different export file types and file optimization
- Experience with automation software and workflows
- Beginner to intermediate experience with Sketch
- Awareness of typographic best practices
- Digital animation experience a plus
- Experience with language localization process for multiple countries a plus
- Familiarity with Google Docs
- Experience with Box or similar cloud based storage platforms
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Choice of computer and gear
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top