Product Operations Specialist, Rider - Rider Expansion
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The fundamental goal of Product Operations is to ensure we create the right products to move our business forward. Product Operations Specialists work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to surface, prioritize, test, rollout and iterate on products.
What You'll Do
- Define the operating structure and processes to implement on product strategy
- Lead a community of strategic leaders to encourage meaningful impact to the business
- Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders across the org
- Ensure functional stakeholders are aligned on key objectives for the program / product
- Advise product teams on the global feasibility of products throughout the product lifecycle
- Develop an end-to-end product rollout plan, and project-manage implementation
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (legal, tax, policy, support etc) to prepare product for launch
- Track core business metrics related to the product
- Identify key problem areas and/or geographies impacted by the product post-launch
- Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to inform product improvements
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years experience in a project management role, or related field
- Leadership experience
- Excellent communication, the ability to engage internal and external customers
- Deep understanding of the user experience
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions
- Strategic alignment, able to bring key stakeholders across functions together
- A desire to learn, highly motivated self-starter, with an eagerness to learn and grow
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Effective prioritization
Bonus Points if
- SQL proficiency
- Deep analytical expertise
- People management experience
- Prior experience working in or with marketing technologies
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
About the Team
The mission of the Rider Expansion Group is to build an Uber that works for everyone, everywhere. The Rider Expansion Group includes Airports, Venues, Scheduled Rides, Events, and more. The Product Operations Specialist supporting this Group will play a key role in bringing this mission to life, partnering with key stakeholders throughout the Company to ensure we develop products that our customers want and need.
Back to top