Product Operations Specialist - Rider Access India
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job:
The fundamental goal of Product Operations is to ensure we create the right products to move our business forward. Product Operations Specialists work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to surface, prioritize, test, rollout and iterate on products.
About the team:
The mission of the Global Access is to enable all our global riders to access Uber magic. We are data driven and globally focused. The Product Operations Specialist supporting this Area will play a key role in bringing this mission to life, and partnering with key stakeholders throughout the Company to ensure our core product serves our customers globally.
What You'll Do:
- Define the operating structure and processes to implement on product strategy
- Lead a community of strategic leaders to encourage meaningful impact to the business
- Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders across the org
- Ensure functional stakeholders are aligned on key objectives for the program / product
- Advise product teams on the global feasibility of products throughout the product lifecycle
- Develop an end-to-end product rollout plan, and project-manage implementation
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (legal, tax, policy, support etc) to prepare product for launch
- Track core business metrics related to the product
- Identify key problem areas and/or geographies impacted by the product post-launch
- Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to inform product improvements
What You'll Need:
- Leadership - You can empower a community of peers and inspire them to action
- Excellent communication - You effectively engage internal and external customers
- Customer empathy - You have a deep understanding of the user experience
- Strategic Problem Solving - You can leverage data to inform and support critical decisions
- Strategic alignment - You know how to bring key stakeholders across functions together
- Desire to learn - You're a highly motivated self-starter, with an eagerness to learn and grow
- Collaboration - You value the importance of teamwork and foster collaboration
- Prioritization - You effectively prioritize to work on the highest-impact initiatives
Bonus Points for:
- SQL proficiency
- People management experience
- Prior experience working in Product
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top