Product Operations Manager - Driver Experience
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale—energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
As Uber continues expansion to hundreds of cities around the world, understanding the unique, local opportunities we’re facing in different markets, and aggressively improving technology that fuels growth is critically important. On Product Ops, our mission is to deeply integrate Product and Ops teams at every stage of product development by guiding priorities that result in smoother launches, and tighter feedback cycles.
As the Product Operations Manager, Driver Experience, you will be the Operations leader across all of the product teams that is deeply attuned to the support of our existing partners around the world. You will help facilitate strategy with leaders from other functions (Product Management, Engineering, Design, Data Science). You will be responsible for growing and managing the team of Product Ops Leads and Product Ops Specialists that are supporting all of these efforts. All Product Ops Specialists are former high-performing operations team members that are now embedded as the Ops representatives on unique product teams. They work with a network of Ops around the world to the surface, clarify, and quantify the top problems of the business. As solutions get built, they lead the rollout, working hand in hand with Ops teams in cities.
What you’ll do
- You must create deep connections with Operations teams around the world to make sure your team keeps the pulse on the most pressing needs of the business
- You will be the voice of Operations in the cross-functional strategy discussions. You’ll be aligned to the Driver Experience leaders from Product Management, Design, Engineering and Data Science
- You will also need to have alignment with other Product Ops Managers in core Driver teams like Vehicle Solutions, Driver Growth, and Marketplace. The local insights your team is surfacing will help shape roadmaps across the company
- Facilitate 1 on 1s with Leads and Product Ops Specialists. These should help by removing blockers and enabling the Specialists
- Understand where each of your team members are trying to get in their career, and help them understand what it will take to get there
- Understand the strengths and improvement opportunities for everyone on your team. Guide them and get them the resources they need to develop
- Encourage standardization across Specialists with systems, templates and best practices
- Assess the performance of all Driver Experience Product Ops
- Instill the Product Ops culture, and help everyone connect to our larger mission
- Beyond strategy discussions and people management, you will be responsible for catalyzing several large initiatives that are beyond the goals of any single product team and beyond the scope of Driver Experience.
What you’ll need
- At least 4 years excelling in a Product and/or Ops role at a consumer technology company
- At least 4 years of experience managing teams
- Team Minded – Passionate about making your team, and the people that make it up amazing
- Ability to transition from big picture thinking/planning to implementation/speed
- Ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision AND get things done
- You know everything starts with great people and you’re committed to keeping the bar high
- Exceptional communication skills – Experience with polished written, verbal, visual, and presentation communication. You should have experience communicating with multiple levels of an organization
- Experience working with Product teams – You have successfully worked with Product Managers, engineers, and designers
- Entrepreneurial – Experience playing an integral part at the foundation of teams and/or companies
- Resourceful – You’re an initiator and you find ways to get things done even in the face of adversity
- Flexible – Comfortable with a role that evolves as the team does
- Experience working on global initiatives
- Proactive Connector – You think beyond your organization to see the bridges that need to be built with other orgs. You proactively make those connections
- You are very organized and great at moving multiple initiatives forward in parallel
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top