Product Operations Manager - Driver Experience
As Uber continues expansion to hundreds of cities around the world, understanding the unique, local challenges we’re facing in different markets, and aggressively building technology that fuels growth is critically important. On Product Ops, our mission is to deeply integrate Product and Ops teams at every stage of product development, leading to more informed priorities, smoother launches, and tighter feedback cycles.
As the Product Operations Manager, Driver Experience, you will be the Operations leader across all of the product teams that are deeply focusing on the supporting our existing driver-partners around the world. You will help drive the strategy with leaders from other functions (Product Management, Engineering, Design, Data Science). You will be responsible for growing and managing the team of Product Ops Leads and Product Ops Specialists that are supporting all of these efforts. All Product Ops Specialists are former high-performing operations team members that are now embedded as the Ops Leads on individual product teams. They work with a network of Ops around the world to surface, clarify, and quantify the top problems of the business. As solutions get built, they lead the rollout, working hand in hand with Ops teams in cities.
What you’ll be doing:
- You must build deep connections with Operations leaders around the world to make sure your team keeps the pulse on the most pressing needs of the business
- You will be the voice of Operations in the cross-functional strategy discussions. You’ll be aligned to the Driver Experience leaders from Product Management, Design, Engineering and Data Science
- You will also need to have strong alignment with other Product Ops Managers in core Driver teams like Vehicle Solutions, Driver Growth, and Marketplace. The local insights your team is surfacing will help shape roadmaps across the company
- As we scale to support all Vehicle Solutions needs, across all regions, you will be responsible for building out the team of Leads and Specialists. A number of Product Operations Specialists will report into each Product Operations Leads, and some Product Operations Specialists will report into you in interim
- Driving 1 on 1s with Leads and Product Ops Specialists. These should be focused on removing blockers and enabling the Specialists
- Understand where each of your directs are trying to get in their career, and help them understand what it will take to get there
- Understand the strengths and improvement opportunities for everyone on your team. Coach them and get them the resources they need to develop
- Drive standardization across Specialists with systems, templates and best practices
- Assess the performance of all Driver Experience Product Ops
- Instill the Product Ops culture, and help everyone connect to our larger mission
Beyond strategy discussions and people management, you will be responsible for driving several large initiatives that are beyond the goals of any single product team and beyond the scope of Driver Experience.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 4+ years excelling in a Product and/or Ops role at a consumer technology company
- 4+ years of experience managing teams
- Team Minded – Passionate about making your team, and the individuals that make it up amazing
- Ability to transition from big picture thinking/planning to execution/hustle
- Ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision AND get things done
- You have a great eye for talent and experience as an essential part of the hiring process. You know everything starts with great people and you’re committed to keeping the bar high
- Exceptional communication skills – Experience with polished written, verbal, visual, and presentation communication. You should have experience communicating with multiple levels of an organization
- Experience working with Product teams – You have successfully worked with Product Managers, engineers, and designers
- Entrepreneurial – Experience playing an integral part at the foundation of teams and/or companies
- Resourceful – You’re a hustler and you find ways to get things done even in the face of adversity
- Flexible – Comfortable with a role that evolves as the team does
- Track Record of Thinking and Acting Globally – You’ve worked with global teams and you aren’t US-centric
- Proactive Connector – You think beyond your organization to see the bridges that need to be built with other orgs. You proactively make those connections
- You are very organized and great at moving multiple initiatives forward in parallel
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top