Product Marketing Manager, Rider Acquisition
Uber has already found strong product/market fit with its world-changing service. But it is absolutely day one for us. We’re seeking a small group of unbelievably talented product leaders to define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.
If you have the right stuff to join the Uber Product Marketing team, you’ll work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment. The role demands principled thinking, well honed product marketing judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the rider and working backwards.
Sound like you? Read on…
As a Product Marketing Manager on the Acquisitions team, you will be a true growth hacker. You’ll bring new users to our platform by relentlessly digging into the data, ideating, testing, and optimizing. You will envision and execute go-to-market strategies for key features that eliminate barriers to onboarding, make our product more viral, or break open new channels. You’ll work side-by-side by with PM, Eng, Data Science and Design to develop amazing experiences for our users and drive massive efficiencies for our business model.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years combined product and growth marketing experience delivering highly successful user acquisition and engagement strategies, with a focus on B2C marketing.
- Finger-tippinesses with data: You just go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth. You have experience running rigorous multivariate testing.
- Top-notch at market research: You’re a truth-seeking missile. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you integrate this information into your growth strategies.
- Master storyteller: You can craft a compelling narrative across different channels – you know how to match the message to the medium.
- A “driver” personality: You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy. You can also play copywriter.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- Preferred: Global perspective. You understand the challenges working on a global scale to launch and grow initiatives across multiple regions. You are comfortable managing projects which span multiple markets and require coordination with several remote teams. You can gather and bring the product requirements of a region back to product and business teams sitting in HQ.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top