Product Marketing Manager - Financial Services and Partnerships
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber is evolving the way the world moves, and the way people get a car. The goal of the Vehicle Solutions program is to help new and existing drivers get access to vehicles through financing, leasing, discounts, and rental offerings. Uber has partnered with auto manufacturers, lenders, and rental companies to connect drivers with special offers tailored to ridesharing to make it easier and faster to get a car.
For more details on Xchange Leasing and the Uber Vehicle Solutions program, take a look at our Xchange home page
“ target=”_blank” title=”“>HERE
As a Product Marketing Manager for Vehicle Solutions you will be responsible for cultivating business success by working closely with product, ops, UX/design, engineering and growth marketing teams to drive top-of-funnel growth and conversion. As part of this role you will be responsible for developing impactful marketing programs for Vehicle Solutions. This role requires a combination of product understanding, creative/brand thinking, communication skills as well as consumer marketing experience.
What you’ll do
- Own audience insights – Do deep-dives into understanding prospective and existing drivers who are most likely to need a vehicle and create data-based, actionable insights.
- Facilitate research plans to steer and validate the product roadmap.
- Craft the narrative – Craft the Vehicle Solutions messaging and positioning to be used across each stage of the funnel, test, and optimize across target audiences. Inspire the rest of the team with a compelling vision.
- Funnel conversion campaigns – Create and follow through on campaigns that show impact in adoption and engagement.
- Product evangelization – Work with PR and policy teams to share the benefits of Vehicle Solutions and better tell our story to the world.
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of experience delivering highly effective demand generation and user acquisition strategies with your fingerprints all over them, focus on auto or consumer lending is a plus.
- BS/MS in Economics, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
Skilled at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop a meaningful messaging and effective content strategy plan. You can also act as a copywriter.
- An owner’s mindset – you can collaborate and get into the details working with engineers, designers and the product managers to strengthen growth and bring new products to market.
- The ability to make smart, bold bets using limited information. Every day we do things that have never been done before.
- Skilled at data-driven market research: You’re a truth-seeker. You know your market and customers better than anyone, and you’re excellent at integrating this information into your growth strategies.
- Growth savvy: You can devise highly effective programs to generate acquire and convert leads for your product. You’re creative and can rapidly follow through on your ideas.
- Excellent email skills: You possess an uncanny ability to run and iterate on highly effective email marketing campaigns that encourage engagement. Experience with HTML or ExactTarget is a plus.
- You take initiative with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can turn it into an insightful story. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in paralysis by analysis. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Grittiness: You don’t hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top