Product Marketing Manager, Driver Engagement
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, you’ll create one of the fastest growing products in the world – one that millions of people use everyday both to work and get rides with a push of a button. Come change the face of how we work and how we move by collaborating with some of the brightest and most energized people from every discipline.
We need you to guide global product marketing for drivers and be their champion: you understand what’s important to them, and you’re committed to helping them succeed.
As PMM, your job is to make driving with Uber the first choice for people looking to make money on their own schedule. Whether it’s driving a few hours a week as a student, being a deeply dedicated driver, or earning money towards your own destination – you are a key partner in improving their experience, and cutting down the time it takes for a driver to go from beginner to pro.
Our goal is to making driving with Uber the most flexible, easy to learn, and rewarding way to work. Success means that one day anyone who can drive can work – they push a button and earn good money the moment they leave their driveway.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you’ll do
- Own audience + product insights – Go deep on understanding prospective drivers, as well as the diverse needs of existing drivers. Create data-driven, actionable insights that inform strategy for the whole business.
- Craft the narrative – Craft the driver messaging and positioning to be used across cities. Test and optimize across target audiences working closely with brand and growth marketing teams to figure out better ways to communicate with drivers.
- Drive the go-to-market strategy – Create, optimize, and scale go-to-market and channel playbooks and marketing assets for drivers, launches and feature updates in the 400+ cities we operate in.
- Engagement, education & lifecycle campaigns – Create and execute campaigns that dramatically impact adoption and engagement working with both local and paid marketing teams.
- Tell the product story – Work with PR and policy teams to share the benefits of driving with Uber. Represent the product to transportation and city planning thought leaders.
What you’ll need
- At least 5 years experience delivering highly successful go-to-market, demand generation and growth strategies with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Experience with a cross-functional product team. Expertise managing stakeholders with diverse needs and perspectives.
- Very good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop a excellent messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plan. You can also play copywriter.
- Excellent at data-driven market research: You’re a truth-seeker. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you’re excellent at integrating this information into your growth strategies.
- To take initiative with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can turn it into an insightful story. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in paralysis by analysis. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- A “driver” personality: You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Grit: You don’t hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- A true passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top