Product Marketing Manager, Driver Engagement
At Uber, you’ll build one of the fastest growing products in the world – one that millions of people use everyday both to work and get rides with a push of a button. Come change the face of how we work and how we move by collaborating with some of the brightest and most energized people from every discipline.
We need you to manage global product marketing for drivers and be their champion: you understand what’s important to them, and you’re committed to helping them succeed.
As PMM, your job is to make driving with Uber the first choice for people looking to make money on their own schedule. Whether it’s driving a few hours a week as a student, being a power driver, or earning money towards your own destination – you are a key partner in improving their experience, and cutting down the time it takes for a driver to go from beginner to pro.
Our goal is to making driving with Uber the most flexible, easy to learn, and rewarding way to work. Success means that one day anyone who can drive can work – theypush a button and earn good money the moment they leave their driveway.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own the audience + product insights – Go deep on understanding prospective drivers, as well as the diverse needs of existing drivers. Build data-driven, actionable insights that inform strategy for the whole business.
- Craft the narrative – Craft the driver messaging and positioning to be used across cities. Test and optimize across target audiences working closely with brand and growth marketing teams to figure out better ways to communicate with drivers.
- Drive the go-to-market strategy – Build, optimize, and scale go-to-market and channel playbooks and marketing assets for drivers, launches and feature updates in the 400+ cities we operate in.
- Engagement, Education & Lifecycle campaigns – Create and execute campaigns that dramatically impact in adoption and engagement working with both local and paid marketing teams.
- Tell the product story – Work with PR and policy teams to share the benefits of driving with Uber.Represent the product to transportation and city planning thought leaders.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful of go-to-market, demand generation and growth strategies with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Experience with a cross-functional product team. Expertise managing stakeholders with diverse needs and perspectives.
- Scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plan. You can also play copywriter.
- Top-notch at data-driven market research: You’re a truth-seeking missile. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you’re strong at integrating this information into your growth strategies.
- Finger-tippinesses with data: You just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- A “driver” personality: You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top