Product Manager - UberEverything - Eater Experience
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a Product Manager for the Eater Experience, you will envision and execute on the strategy for the ordering experiences of Uber Eats.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
As Product Manager for the Eater Experience, these are the types of questions you will wrestle with every day. How do we provide the most delightful, frictionless ways for eaters to find the food they love and maximize conversion? How do we keep eaters coming back and ordering on Uber Eats? What new ordering modalities and product offerings will make Eats even more valuable to users?You will own this critical component of our new businesses, working closely with colleagues across Business Development, Operations, Engineering, Data Science, Design and Marketing to bring your ideas to life.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 4 years experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them.
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent. Technical understanding that spans all levels of abstraction and the systems you'll be building.
- An orientation towards building businesses, not features.
- Experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- Design sensibility. A deep understanding of and appreciation for good design and user experiences
- Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problems
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- A "Driver" mindset. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- A high bar across the board — from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- A true passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
Back to top