Product Manager - UberEverything - Couriers
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. With Uber Everything we’re building Uber’s next set of businesses; whether it’s delivering food within 10 minutes with UberEATS or sending things across town with UberRUSH, you will be involved in some of the new exciting business lines coming out of Uber. If done right, we believe that this will transform communities, power businesses and fundamentally change the way people live in a city.
Uber is creating flexible ways to earn money for hundreds of thousands of drivers across the world. We’re providing a brand new way to partner with Uber through delivery and we’re looking for an experienced product leader to own our Courier products. How do we allow driver-partners around the world join the Uber delivery platform efficiently and at scale? What tools and products can we create to help couriers maximize their earnings and ultimately drive long-term growth and loyalty? How do we evolve the driver app experience so that couriers can seamlessly deliver anything from food to groceries? As the Senior Product Manager for UberEverything Couriers, these are the types of questions you will wrestle with every day. You will envision and implement a product roadmap for this critical component of our new businesses, working closely with colleagues across Engineering, Design, Business Development, Operations, and Marketing to bring your ideas to life.
The ideal candidate possesses a combination of entrepreneurial spirit, data obsession, strong design instincts, scrappiness, technical chops, business savvy, and top communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them — and you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Focused on building businesses, not features. Experienced building & leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally including hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- High bar across the board — from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- “Driver” personality. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Customer obsessed. You take on complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them our riders’ problems
- True passion for Uber’s mission, our products, and the company’s hybrid technology/operations nature
- Never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Employees are showered with Uber credits monthly.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top