Product Manager - Uber For Business - Cross Core Offering
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Join the Uber Product team, you'll work among skilled engineers, designers and product managers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment. We are highly user-centric and we sincerely believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great creativity, principled thinking, well honed product judgment, a persevering refusal to settle, bold innovation, high design standards and an ability to start with the rider and work backwards.
Uber for Business builds products to make Uber the default choice for business travel at the individual and company level. As a Uber for Business Product Manager, you will envision and execute on a growth and go-to-market strategy for driving business travel on Uber.
You will work on Uber for Business's core offerings which include everything from our business platform that allows companies to adopt Uber organization-wide to in-app features like Business Profiles which make business travel more seamless for our millions of riders.
Your performance will be measured by the growth of your product, and your ability to work closely with and enhance the productivity of a high-performing cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Analytics, Design, Engineering, Business Development, and Operations.
What you'll do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team excited to create a product with value.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Uber employees to riders.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to make it happen.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top