Product Manager, Uber Family
Families never have enough time in their day. Kids have to get to school, teenagers to soccer practice, and grandparents need a lift to visit the doctor. In these busy lives, families need flexible transportation options like Uber to reclaim their day.
Uber is a loved product by many adults, but can’t yet satisfy these scenarios. Infants and toddlers need car seats, parents need peace of mind about their teenagers, and seniors aren’t comfortable asking for rides via a smartphone app. In the US alone, these age groups cover one-third of the population.
As a Product Manager on the Uber Family program, you will envision a strategy and drive your roadmap to solve these challenges for families worldwide.
You will sit directly alongside to dedicated Engineers, Designer, Marketer, Data Scientist, and an Operations Specialist who are all striving to execute the strategy you’ve envisioned. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the rider and working backwards.
Your performance is measured both by the program’s overall metrics and by your ability to build and lead a cohesive, motivated, nimble, and high-performing cross-functional team.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- An impatient, entrepreneurial approach to make things happen quickly, while building a sustainable business, and motivating a cross-functional team.
- Can draw on personal experiences and apply principles that add value to every interpersonal interaction, regardless of role.
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably including hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Rider-centricity – examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your riders’ problems.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top