Product Manager - Trust & Safety
Uber is deeply committed to the safety of our riders and driver-partners by creating products and technology that ensure safety before, during, and after every ride. This includes giving riders information about their driver; tracking all trips using GPS and phone sensors; enabling riders to share their ETA and route; and incorporating feedback from riders and drivers. These product features are available in every city we operate in around the world, making Uber a safe and reliable way to get from A to B. Our global safety and city operations teams work every day to continue enhancing safety for everyone using Uber, and we are committed to providing a service that everyone can depend on.
You will drive innovation and smart safety business decisions while setting clear goals to lead a cross-functional team to success. We have the necessary building blocks with our engineering and operations infrastructure and with the right product leader, we’re highly confident we’ll deliver on our mission to ensure that safety is neither a thought, a question, nor a concern for any of our drivers or riders.
The ideal candidate possesses a combination of entrepreneurial spirit, data obsession, strong design instincts, scrappiness, technical chops, business savvy, and top communication skills.
Ensuring safety is a unique challenge worldwide. Key initiatives include:
Trust & Safety | Safety Intelligence
As the Product Manager for the Safety Intelligence program, you will envision and execute on building the right data and metrics foundation as well as a product roadmap that’s informed by the data insights and go-to-market strategy for multiple key product offerings.
Trust & Safety | Safety Response
As the Product Manager for Safety Response program, you will focus on making sure we respond to safety incidents in a way that considers the experience of everyone involved, addressing key issues at the individual and systemic levels. Our key goal is to improve the quality of the response to the safety incidents survivors as they write in about incidents via our in-app support channels.
Trust & Safety | Onboarding & Growth
As the Product Manager for Trust & Safety Onboarding program, you will envision and execute on a product roadmap and go-to-market strategy for multiple key product offerings that are geared towards keeping bad actors out while making sure it’s easy for the good ones to take that first trip.
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team #superpumped.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Uber employees to riders.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 7+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Rider-centricity – examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your riders’ problems.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top