Product Manager - Trust & Safety
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
You will drive innovation and smart safety business decisions while setting clear goals to lead a cross-functional team to success. We have the necessary building blocks with our engineering and operations infrastructure and with the right product leader, we're highly sure we'll deliver on our mission to ensure that safety is not a thought, a question, or a concern for any of our drivers or riders.
You possess a combination of entrepreneurial spirit, passion for data, excellent design instincts, resourcefulness, technical ability, business savvy, and top communication skills.
Ensuring safety is a unique challenge worldwide. Key initiatives include:
Trust & Safety Intelligence
As the Product Manager for the Trust & Safety Intelligence program, you will envision and execute on building the right data and metrics foundation as well as a product roadmap that's informed by data insights and go-to-market strategy for multiple key product offerings.
Trust & Safety On-boarding & Growth
As the Product Manager for Trust & Safety Onboarding program, you will envision and execute on a product roadmap and go-to-market strategy for multiple key product offerings that are geared towards keeping bad actors out while making sure it's easy for the good ones to take that first trip.
Safe rides, safer
Safety" target="_blank">cities behind the
What" target="_blank">safety you'll do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team excited about creating a product with value.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Uber employees to riders.
What you'll need
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- At least need 7 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your signature all over them.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - you are biased toward action, a great collaborator and an excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- You take initiative with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can turn it into an insightful story. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in paralysis by analysis.
- Rider-centricity - you have examples from your past of tough product challenges that you persevered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your riders' problems.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top